UNDECIDED: Stay relaxed or go natural??

I knew I was ready to be natural when...

I would depise my relaxed hair on wash day because it looked so thin when wet even though it wasnt thin.

I would feel so defeated after I would start a transition and end up losing the battle to the relaxer. I would actually feel stressed and depressed about my relaxed hair and wore lots of braidouts.

I stopped stressing over what my texture would look like and started accepting whatever God had in store for me. It was a transition my mind had to go through.

I stopped caring about what folks would think about my decision.

I constantly played in my new growth and stalked natural hair fotkis.

Relaxed hair didnt appeal to me as much.

Seeing damaged relaxed hair made me want to go natural.

I did the BC when I got tired of playing in the new growth. I went less than 9 months and chopped. I wish I had gone natural sooner. But you will know for sure when you are ready. And only you will know for sure.

I used to say I'd go natural when I'm pregnant with my 1st child.... lol, I don't even know when that time will be cos I'm nowhere near married right now...

I think you'll just know when you're ready - earlier in the year, I decided I was going to transition and that was it! I'm not getting another relaxer - transition time :-)

I have a big head (lol) so I am scare of the TWA, that's why my transition goal is 1 year. I reached my goal of APl and a little past last year, then I didn't treat my hair well for a couple of months and had to get a cut to SL... I guess it made my decision easier as well...

Good luck, try not to rush yourself into it because it's highly likely you'll get very frustrated and give up...

Last edited:
Natural ladies: When did you know you were ready to go natural?

After a trip home to the islands I grew up on in the fall of 2006...I realized that most of the women in my family had beautiful, thriving natural hair. I knew my texture was somewhere in the mix of str8, cooly & nappy hair, & I knew that I would love & accept it no matter what it turned out to be...

I knew I was ready to go natural when I had spent most of the past 5 years in braids. :yep:...the napps were calling me all that time!

Back