Ultra Thick Hair Shakes Updates....

Thanks Lanelle..I didn't even bother opening that insert pamphlet that was on the top of the can duh..:)

i picked some up yesterday at the vitamin shoppe, mixed it with my lactaid and couple frozen strawberries, it doesn't taste bad at all and if i can thicken up my thin hair even a little bit i'll be happy

Last edited:
CiaJcanBabi said:
i picked some up yesterday at the vitamin shoppe, mixed it with my lactaid and couple frozen strawberries, it doesn't taste bad at all and if i can thicken up my thin hair even a little bit i'll be happy

I've mixed it using a recipe I got on here. The recipe was honey, cinnamon, and vanilla {no exact measurements}. I didn't have the vanilla but it tasted pretty good with the honey and cinnamon. I even mixed it with an orange breakfast drink {another tip I got from a thread on here} and it tasted like orange sherbert in a glass. Now, I just drink it regular...which is fine too since it's not a bad tasting shake to begin with.

mm yummy, vanilla sounds nice, it's just so easy to toss it in the blender ( i still have to find a handheld one) and make a smoothie that tastes good and is good for my hair, i need to try the sherbet idea, have u noticed results lanelle?

Last edited:
CiaJcanBabi said:
have u noticed results lanelle?

I've only been taking it for a little over a week...going on two weeks now-too early to notice anything. I also have braid extensions in that I need to take out...so I can't gauge by that since I've already had some new growth from previous months.

ok, this is my one month update after using the Ultra Hair Thick Shake. Although my hair hasn't grown inches, it is super thick, like I have no relaxer in my hair thick. and lush, so wonderful to the touch, i will definitely be picking another bottle of this when I go back to the states.

Re: Ultra Hair Thick Shakes Updates....

ok so i haven't taken this supplement in about two weeks and my hair has reverted back to being uber thin :( :( , i have to get some more

Just a note for some of you who are concerned about the carbs and sugar in this shake. Nature's Plus also makes Other shakes with less carbs and sugars than this one and supplies quite a good range of vitamins and minerals to round off your regimen of nutrients (skinny line of products). They carry them in chocolate, strawberry, banana etc. I personally use the shake for the power- packed vitamin & minerals it supplies. I won't buy the product just because it says it's geared towards hair growth, because if it's centered around just the " hair" vitamins & minerals i feel it's no good. Others are needed sometimes to help the "hair" vitamin & mineral do its job. It's a decent multi-vitamin in a "treat" form to me. Also, i can change the flavor quite easily with fruits, flavorings etc. so i don't get burned out with the same taste constantly. HTH

Course24 said:
Just a note for some of you who are concerned about the carbs and sugar in this shake.
I've been taking it for a month and a half...I like it and will continue taking it. I noticed that some decided not to take it because of the sugar and carbohydrates but my canister says that it only has 15 grams of carbs and 8 grams of that is sugar...so that's not a lot to me...then again I'm not watching my sugar and carbohydrate intake either. Also, it was mentioned that the hair shake was centered around hair but I think is kind of multi-vitamin and multi-mineral as well. I compared the ingredients to my regular multi-vitamin it has the same things...even more vitamins that the multi-vitamin I take. It also has more B vitamins than the regular multi-vitamin {and not mention amino acids} as well...this is where the "hair nutrients" come into play...

Old thread but I'm bumping it because I posted in this one the most. I've been reading all the old threads on this hair shake from the early to mid 2000s because I'm seriously thinking about taking this again. I last took this in 2006 and I think it helped my hair even though I might not have seen inches and inches of new growth. I really want to take this again so I can stop swallowing so many capsules. Since the pandemic, I've been taking a load of supplements for general health and immune support and that coupled with my hair and skin supplements turned out to be way too much not to mention it can be a bit expensive. It was only in recent months that I decided to rotate the supplements I take every month instead of taking everything in split doses every day of each month...because whew it was a lot. So now as I empty some of the bottles I have, I want to just take a shake to eliminate some of the capsules I have to swallow. I remember this tasting pretty good. I already drink smoothies with almond milk, fruit/greens, and pea protein a few times a week but this will be in addition to those smoothies since I will be taking this a daily supplement. Or I may choose to skip this on those days I drink my regular smoothies which is usually after I exercise.

It seems that the only reputable websites that carry this shake in 2023 are the manufacturer's website and Vitacost. I don't trust Amazon for things like this but it is $3 cheaper on Vitacost's website. I will have to order two cans to get a month's supply. I will probably be placing an order soon.

Last edited:
Back