UK Ladies - what flat iron are you using?

Bublin

I'm wanting to buy a new flat iron that can tame all my new growth. Most of the ones mentioned on this board are not available in the UK.

What one are you using? And where did you buy it?

I used to use GHD's and i'll recommend if you have really thick NG but if you have fine hair like me, you might want to be abit careful as they could get really really hot. I got them online from I think some lady in China? :look:

ATM though, i'm using the superdrug £20 hair straightners. They're really good. You can't alter the temperature though. They get hot but not as hot as GHD's that could fry your hair (in a good way).

I've the original GHD for over 7 years and still love it, got it from a salon. I also bought the Genie titanium digital straightener (1/2 inch) from Sally's (£60), I use it to straighten my new growth. Its ok for now but I think I'll get the new GHD iron when I BC.

I have the Babyliss Pro 230. They have 10 heat settings. I've had mine for a few years and I'm very happy with them. they are currently on sale in Argos for £24.34.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...c_3/4|cat_14418399|Straighteners|14418402.htm

Is it the Pro Radiance or Elegance?

I've the original GHD for over 7 years and still love it, got it from a salon. I also bought the Genie titanium digital straightener (1/2 inch) from Sally's (£60), I use it to straighten my new growth. Its ok for now but I think I'll get the new GHD iron when I BC.

Thanks. I've read that the temp is really high on the GHD's and have caused heat damage.

^^^ Girl, what you doing with two?

.....and all these UK ladies popping out of the woodwork.....where have you been?!

Mmmm - i'm torn between the Pro Elegance and the GHD.

i use the GHD, i used to use the babyliss for about two years but it needs to be turned up to the highest 230 to get a good results.Igot some heat damage from it after a while. the new GHD's "ORIGINALS FROM A SALON"only go up to 185, they are not hot at all. and they get the job done. they are expensive though, over a hundred pounds but u wont regret it. i love mine, had it since last christmas, and no heat damage.

GHD salon styler (the one with the wide plates). Perfect results every time. Even though I'm natural, I refuse to use the highest setting. Those things are lethal :nono:

I absolutely used love my T3 wet-to-dry straighteners, nut my hair did not come out as shiny as it did with GHD.

Babyliss pro 230 radiance....and I LOVE THEM!!! different heat settings + steam function + detangling fins = a happy, long lasting straightening experience for me and the many whose heads of hair/ weaves I've straightened since I got them last christmas.

even better, five year guarantee, but i baby them so much i doubt i'll be needing even that.

they are usually about 98 pounds in argos but I got them in the christmas sale for nearly 40 pounds.

I have a Babyliss. I don't know the name, but it's all dark blue, even the plates. Normally it's like £70 but sometimes it's like £35.

I use the original Babyliss 230. I have had it for over 4 years and it still works well.. I always use it on highest temp setting and no problems so far. You can still get this version in Argos for around £40

However, I now want to buy this

VVVVV

Babyliss pro 230 radiance....different heat settings + steam function + detangling fins

Sounds like the features of a Maxiglide... I saw it advertised last year when it first came out and was waiting for the price to go down ( as they also do with babyliss)

Now added to my MUST BUY list :yep:

thanks for this post! im pretty lost too. its now over a year im thinking of which straightener to buy...over a year here i am,still undecided! i live in paris but my family is in london too ,im gonna be there this summer.so im wondering if its worth it to but it there and but an adaptator? in france we've got the whole collection of babyliss...i even saw one that looked good last week. "its called wet and dry something...

GHD salon styler (the one with the wide plates). Perfect results every time. Even though I'm natural, I refuse to use the highest setting. Those things are lethal :nono:

I absolutely used love my T3 wet-to-dry straighteners, nut my hair did not come out as shiny as it did with GHD.

I didn't know there was a GHD with different heat settings, I need to get that one. GHDs are so durable.

I'm wanting to buy a new flat iron that can tame all my new growth. Most of the ones mentioned on this board are not available in the UK.

What one are you using? And where did you buy it?

I have a GHD and I absolutely LOVE IT! I get my coarse, thick, unrelaxed hair straight in one pass, using the comb chase method. Yes, I agree that you cannot adjust the temperature and that may be a problem (i.e heat damage) if you use the wrong technic and do not treat your hair with relevant treatments (protein & deep condition) prior to usage. My advice is to weigh the pros and cons of all recommendations given.

If you decide to go with the GHD. I STRONGLY advise that you DO NOT purchase on ebay or any unapproved vendor as there are a lot of counterfeit GHDs which are sub-standard; therefore, not only do they not work well, but could be a potential fire hazard. I cannot emphasise this enough as part of my job involves stopping the trade of counterfeit items and I see these kinds of things happen everyday! If you go on the GHD website, there is a place on the site where you can search for approved vendors. There is a reason why the company does that. Yes, it may be pricey but you can guarantee safety. I got mine (the Styler IV) from an approved vendor at £98 and for what it does, I think that is a wicked deal!

I have a Nicky Clarke kinder to hair tourmaline straightener. £15-30 depending where you buy it. I haven't owned any others but i have used different brands (thanks to my mum and sister :grin:)but I'm open to trying others at the moment nevertheless I found this one worked really well if used properly.

I use the Nicky Clarke Kinder4Hair Ceramic and Tourmaline Ionic Straighteners. Come swith 5 heat settings. RRP £40 but I got them half price from Boots about seven months ago or so. I really like them - they dont fry my hair.

^^^ Girl, what you doing with two?

.....and all these UK ladies popping out of the woodwork.....where have you been?!

Mmmm - i'm torn between the Pro Elegance and the GHD.

well what had happened wassss:lachen:
I got the wide plates first in 2007 then in 2009 I realised that I needed the slim one to do curls!:grin:
Go ghd!

CHI from sallys

There are sallys beauty stores all around London and the UK
Bumping. I also used CHI from Sallys have ha two in past ten years but my current one is scratched and Sallys don't stock them anymore.

I'm 9 months into my transition and thinking of getting ghds but if anyone can recommend anything else would be great thanks.

Back