Best Flat Iron???

ChocoKitty said:
Let me put my bid in for the T3!

It never dries my hair out. I can walk through humidity and drizzle (without a umbrella) and my hair barely budges--if at all. I paid $160 for mine at Sephora and it's was the best investment I've ever made in a tool for my hair.

I plan on purchasing the T3 blowdryer, brushes and combs when I start straightening my hair again this fall.:)

I got the blowdryer a couple weeks ago off ebay for $120 ($200 in Sephora), and recently got the diffuser (for my wash and go styles)

The link posted is for the Wet or Dry T3 so make sure that is the one you want.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000ALCJRQ/102-6619161-4124949?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

I bought the T3 off ebay for $71.50 and I love it. I don't really use heat but since I am transitioning I may need to use it on my roots....I have never used the CHI but I love the T3.

lkg4healthyhair said:
I got the blowdryer a couple weeks ago off ebay for $120 ($200 in Sephora), and recently got the diffuser (for my wash and go styles)

The link posted is for the Wet or Dry T3 so make sure that is the one you want.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000ALCJRQ/102-6619161-4124949?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance

I bought the T3 off ebay for $71.50 and I love it. I don't really use heat but since I am transitioning I may need to use it on my roots....I have never used the CHI but I love the T3.
lkg4healthyhair, How do you like the blowdryer and diffuser...Was it worth the money...and whats the difference between the T3 blowdryer and a cheaper one??? I might want to buy the blowdryer after I get the flatiron sometime in the future thanks. -Melissa

Just a quick post- I have and love the T3 wet to dry- cut my drying & styling time down to 1/3 of what it used to be. I dry and style in one step. Used to blow dry Domincan blow out then curl twice the heat and about 1.5 hours of time. With the T3 I use small sections with heat protectant and dry and curl in about 2 swipes per section. Hair is like glass/silk and resists humity. Because you are straigthening andcurling while hair is wet it is more pliable so it gets straigter and silkier. Moisture is sealed in the shaft of hair and the cuticle is sealed so hair is real shiney.

MWilson569 said:
Hi ladies,
I am ready to buy a high end flat iron. I want the best one. I was orginally going to get the CHI flat iron. But now I see the ladies talking about a FHI and a T3 ...and I dont know which one to buy. Can you ladies help me out???-Melissa

I have the SOLIA Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron. (Folica.com). I absolutely adore it. :p It's 1 1/4in. and straightens like a dream and curls and flips too. It is easy to clean and has adjustable heat setting. here's a link... :)

SOLIA Ceramic Tourmaline

I see that SOLIA can be used on damp hair... does anyone know if SEDU can be used on damp hair as well???

...I sure hope so...after all that money I spent on it!

I bought the FHI last year and I thought it worked great. But latley I am not really all crazy about it. Today I went to Trade Secrets and the stylist used the CHI on me and it made my hair sooo silky straight! I am seriously considering buying one but the thing that is stopping me is that there is no temp control. I am going to sephora to try the T3. I think my FHI isnt working as great is maybe I had it for a while?

MWilson569 said:
lkg4healthyhair, How do you like the blowdryer and diffuser...Was it worth the money...and whats the difference between the T3 blowdryer and a cheaper one??? I might want to buy the blowdryer after I get the flatiron sometime in the future thanks. -Melissa

I used it for the first time today to dry my wash and go and it was GREAT... it has a cool shot button and I used the diffuser (bought separately) and I really really like it. I want to try it next week to blow dry my hair just to see how well it works for that. So far I am very happy with my decision to purchase the flat iron and blow dryer (keep in mind I did not pay full price for either)

I have a cheaper Conair dryer with diffuser but for some reason that I cannot explain this one made my hair dry faster.

I would suggest buying them off ebay or somewhere other than Sephora if you can.

HTH

glossyxlipz said:
I bought the FHI last year and I thought it worked great. But latley I am not really all crazy about it. Today I went to Trade Secrets and the stylist used the CHI on me and it made my hair sooo silky straight! I am seriously considering buying one but the thing that is stopping me is that there is no temp control. I am going to sephora to try the T3. I think my FHI isnt working as great is maybe I had it for a while?
I was told that FHI is made by the same ppl who make CHI. The only diff is the name, as Farouk owns the trademark name "chi". I haven't tried the FHI, but my HD uses chi on me - did you notice a drastic diff between the chi vs fhi? tia

BBabe said:
I was told that FHI is made by the same ppl who make CHI. The only diff is the name, as Farouk owns the trademark name "chi". I haven't tried the FHI, but my HD uses chi on me - did you notice a drastic diff between the chi vs fhi? tia

i just noticed my hair came out very silky and straight when she used the chi on me. I used to get results like that when i first used my FHI but not anymore.I know it was the iron because she did not add any products at the time because i was only getting a trim and because my hair was wavy,she wanted to straighten it to make sure she was cutting evenly.

I have a solia and it doesn't straiten my hair at all! :( It is very curly and short right now. I am saddened because I spent so much $ on it. I'm afraid to buy another high cost iron that doesn't work. Which iron will work on my hair? Is is a 3c/4a mix. Does having short hair make a flat iron not work? Can you guys give me any more tips on a flat iron that works on thick curly hair? :confused: I have a maxiglide for when my hair gets longer, but I need one for short hair.

ChocoKitty said:
The T3 consists of Tourmaline and ceramic which in turn is supposed to produce more negative ions. Negative ions provide infrared heat and seal the cuticle which will help your strands retain moisture. (When your strands are dry they will frizz up from humidity/moisture) Infrared heat penatrates the strand vs drying out the outside layer. I used the Jibere (sp?) which was metal coated with ceramic. After a while it began to fry my hair. I guess cause the coating wore off.

I personally don't know anything about the CHI. Except for the ladies on LHCF saying that it's a great iron.

Hope I helped a bit... :)

Thanks, this helped me to totally make up my mnd and get a T3. ( Good information ) I have been saying for about 2 months now that I need a real good flat iron / professional quality. I am a rollerset queen right now, but when I do flat iron, I want something of better quality than what I have now. :)

taraglam2 said:
Thanks, this helped me to totally make up my mnd and get a T3. ( Good information ) I have been saying for about 2 months now that I need a real good flat iron / professional quality. I am a rollerset queen right now, but when I do flat iron, I want something of better quality than what I have now. :)

If you get it please search around for best price. Sephora sells it full price but you can get it cheaper at other sites or stores. I paid $71.50 on ebay.

lkg4healthyhair said:
If you get it please search around for best price. Sephora sells it full price but you can get it cheaper at other sites or stores. I paid $71.50 on ebay.

What temperature do you use? I purchased one recently.

I have been using between 230 - 300. I don't go above 300. My hair is fine so it doesn't take too much heat to get straight.

If I am doing my roots (transitioning) I use 300

lkg4healthyhair said:
I have been using between 230 - 300. I don't go above 300. My hair is fine so it doesn't take too much heat to get straight.

If I am doing my roots (transitioning) I use 300

Thank you.

Natrlchallenge said:
I have a solia and it doesn't straiten my hair at all! :( It is very curly and short right now. I am saddened because I spent so much $ on it. I'm afraid to buy another high cost iron that doesn't work. Which iron will work on my hair? Is is a 3c/4a mix. Does having short hair make a flat iron not work? Can you guys give me any more tips on a flat iron that works on thick curly hair? :confused: I have a maxiglide for when my hair gets longer, but I need one for short hair.
The CHI or T3 should work, but you would need the smallest sized one. The bigger the size the longer the hair and vice versa.You're a natural, so do you semi straighten your hair before using it? I think you need to do a rollerset or tight ponytail overnight to loosen your curl a little...hth

I bought the glass plated mini flat iron Has anyone ever used the glass plated flat iron on their hair directly and what were your results? Bonjour.

Sorry, I erased part of the method. I use this only with the tin foil to seal my ends aka Robin Woods method. I have not tried it on my hair. No, not brave enough for that one.

Alright Imma have to say the CHI. I found a Chi with temp control and when I brought it home and used it, my hair came out silky and straight and it did not budge when humidty hit it. I love it and Im so happy I bought it.

I have a FHI....small one and it doesnot have a temp dial.....I dont like that but the results are serious.

I turn it off when it gets too hot.

I just got a T3 Wet-to-Dry and I think it's awesome!! I bought mine for about $150 on ebay. It's great and my hair doesn't feel dry. It leaves my hair completely straight and very silky. I can't sing this thing's praises enough!!

misscrystal said:
I just got a T3 Wet-to-Dry and I think it's awesome!! I bought mine for about $150 on ebay. It's great and my hair doesn't feel dry. It leaves my hair completely straight and very silky. I can't sing this thing's praises enough!!

Did you actually use the iron on your wet hair? What was your process?

nikki1971 said:
Did you actually use the iron on your wet hair? What was your process?

Yup! I found that the wetter my hair is, the better it feels when I'm finished straightening. I have yet to try this iron on dry hair.

Normally I just shampoo or co-wash, towel blot my hair, apply leave-in, then I apply a serum/heat protectant and flat-iron away! I find that I usually need two passes on each section. More than two passes evaporates away too much water and moisture. Two passes usually leaves my hair silky and swingy. HTH.

Wow..I heard the wet to dry can be damaging to the hair...how long have you been using it?

Thanks for this thread. After having read this thread, folica.com, and other sites, I decided to go with the T3. I was very impressed reading about the Chi iron, and I read it was really effective in getting the hair straight and silky, but I also read that some people reported problems with the product being defective (e.g., malfunctioning within a year). Plus I also read that the original model does not have temperature control.

I have been using Jilbere with great results, but found I wanted a smaller iron to get close to my scalp and to curl and flatiron in one step, so I figured I'd spring for a higher-end model.

I just ordered the T3 from Overstock.com and will let u all know how I made out.

MWilson569 said:
Hi ladies,
I am ready to buy a high end flat iron. I want the best one. I was orginally going to get the CHI flat iron. But now I see the ladies talking about a FHI and a T3 ...and I dont know which one to buy. Can you ladies help me out???-Melissa

lkg4healthyhair said:

Great ! I will definitely be searching for the best price ! I really need a good high quality flat iron and I hope that this will be the one. Thanks :)

Back