UK/European Naturals!

PeaceFlow

What product lines are you using in your hair for general moisture and leave ins?

Feel annoyed that some of these nice sounding natural brands don't ship to the UK -_- Really want to try Qhemet heavy cream, but doubt I will be able to get it. :look:

Need recommendations that are either here or will ship here.

Hullo from london :)
You can get quite a few natural brands on British Curlies Shop but the shipping fees are just nope. Me personally I avoid natural brands because i have a lot of allergies. People see shea butter and sweet almond oil with Essential oils and i would just be a puffy itchy ball if that touched my skin. So i mainly use herbal essences and elasta qp and cantu shea butter.
I know I know i said i'm allergic to shea butter but there is soooooooooooo little in cantu that it doesnt affect me lol. If i want something fancy i use phillip kingsley but it really isn't all that.

What about you? what do you like to use Vanthie

Depending on if you live in London my local BSS carries the Bee mine, kinky curly, curls, mixed chicks lines its in walworth road.

temfash
is the shop in the East street market area or actually on Walworth Road?
I work in Brixton and it's also very good for products but i'd like to try more Bee Mine w/o paying postage
I know Bee Mine has some glycerine free products which are very hard to find.

Thanks people, I'm near London atm. Have never heard of Bee Mine, or British Curlies.:grin:

I've never found the perfect moisturizer llan and both the leave in conditioners/mists I loved got discontinued.:cry2: I'm also allergic to shea butter, but I think it's just the pure stuff. Apparently if the nut is refined it shouldn't produce an allergic reaction :scratchch. I've been using body shop bodybutter with no problems recently, but if I get raw shea butter on my skin/scalp it feels like it's melting lol.

Oh wow Didn't know kinky Curly was sold in shops. Must be more expensive than getting it online. I have both the gel and knot today. I knot today is ok. I'm not feeling the gel although it does give a good hold.

For moisture I use taliah waajid protective mist bodifier, which I love.

Etd. I also love sheamoisture's curling souffle, which l buy from British curlies. And Jamaica castor oil. Giovanis, you can get in Holland and Barrat.

I use tresemme naturals conditioner and you can get it a superdrug.

Last edited:
I got sick of paying p&p plus finding/using/liking a product to find it has been discontinued over here (ahem Myhoneychild's Soy Butter). Having used Keracare when I was relaxed I decided to go back a few months ago and my hair thanked me. So for moisture I use Natural Textures styling products, Conditioning Crème Hairdress and Essential Oils.

temfash
is the shop in the East street market area or actually on Walworth Road?
I work in Brixton and it's also very good for products but i'd like to try more Bee Mine w/o paying postage
I know Bee Mine has some glycerine free products which are very hard to find.

No not East street, Walworth Road just after the Superdrug and Argos keep walking U can't miss its on the same side of the road the bus stop for the 68 bus is in front of the shop (Julia knows beauty is also on the same road) it seems small but they seem to stock a lot of high end products.

I went to that shop in Walworth Road today.
I picked up Kinky Kurly Knot Today and Bee Mine Balanced Moisturiser of which they sell the small jar for £.4.99. They also stock the large jar.
The KKKT is £12.95. This is the same price as British Curlies but without the P&P.
The Indian man would not stop talking to me. These guys are now very knowledge about the Natural Hair market. He was going on about alot of people transitioning, talking about protein/moisture balance...lol.

Anyway, I couldn't wait until wash day so I washed a small section of my hair, applied KKKT and sealed with an oil then twisted. It's drying nice and soft.

Another Londoner here. :)

You can find Vatika and ORS products in any Superdrug.
Whole Foods (in Clapham) sells Yes to Carrots, Mixed Chicks, Giovanni and Dr Bronner's - they also sell sample 2oz bottles for £2.50 of all the Giovanni and Dr Bronner's products.
Curl Emporium (my dealer 5eva) sells Shea Moisture, Bee Mine, Hairveda, Komaza, Curl Junkie and some others.
The Organic Pharmacy on King's Road sells the entire line of Aubrey's Organics.

Pak's Cosmetics in Finsbury Park sells EVERYTHING!!!! Almond oil, argan oil, apricot, mango, jasmine, castor.... you name it, they've probably got it in 3 sizes. They've also got Aphogee, Cantu, satin scarves, spray bottles (the same exact ones British Curlies sell for £5 for half the price... lol please!), seamless combs etc etc.

R.I.P my wallet.

Londoner checkin' in. I live quiet close to East Street amd stop there for a few things if I camt be bothered to wait or when avoid postal charges. I haveaso used marioposa and British Curlies....BC is quick to deliver.

I picked up Kinky Kurly Knot Today and Bee Mine Balanced Moisturiser of which they sell the small jar for £.4.99. They also stock the large jar.
The KKKT is £12.95. This is the same price as British Curlies but without the P&P.
The Indian man would not stop talking to me. These guys are now very knowledge about the Natural Hair market. He was going on about alot of people transitioning, talking about protein/moisture balance...lol.

Anyway, I couldn't wait until wash day so I washed a small section of my hair, applied KKKT and sealed with an oil then twisted. It's drying nice and soft.

Bublin
I'm happy you found it now you know my favourite haunt LOL:drunk: Yeah the owner is quite knowledgeable which is quite rare he's really passionate about his natural product lines too LOL

Lawd I just went to the hair shop to buy some gel

Why did the Indian guy ask me if I use it for wash and go's :lachen: :lachen:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

In my local there is more and more American brands

I'm just waiting on miss Jessie's...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Another Londoner here - I use shea butter (brought to me from Nigeria by one my in-laws), I get pure jojoba & castor oil from Ebay. Alma, vatika, s-curl etc from hair shops in Deptford, Peckham, or East Street.

East londoner checking in!!!!!!
When i first joined the hair boards i wanted to try everythang :look:and found myself paying shipping for not so great products!!:ohwell:
The creme of nature argan oil line is AMAZING!!!:grin: It's available eveywhere, its very reasonably priced and it's the only line i use multiple products from!!!:yep:

Bumping ! Seems like everyone lives in London lol. I live upp in Lancanshire. Where are yall getting yall weave hair and such? I'm not sure what brands are good here

Hi, another London girl here lol!

My faves are the Elasta QP line (now extended to include natural hair products), the Keracare naturals line and the Cantu shea butter line.

I've just returned from New York a few weeks ago and filled my suitcase full with shea moisture products lol but to my delightful surprise they are now stocking the Shea Moisture line in London in Paks!!!

I can't wait until we can get full Cantu Shea butter line over here too.. I filled my suitcase up with that line too!

No way! Really? I wonder how they know??? Its strange because I have heard of a number of people talking about going natural in London now but when I look around me when I am out and about on the train/bus etc I just don't see any black women with long / natural hair..I am still seeing a lot of weaves.

I think it depends on where you live. Yesterday l was at a bbq and every woman apart from one had natural hair. One woman had weave/ relaxed but the others had locs, twists and afro puffs. I didnt really noticed but on reflection now l see lol. Its great to see.

Hello from Nottingham :)
I'd like to reccommend Tesco's Smooth Conditioner as a cheapie conditioner for detangling :)
It gives great slip and is only 89 pence :)

I also use giovanni smooth as silk conditioner, I haven't found it instore but I get it from iHerb.com. Its only 5 dollars and shipping is 4 dollars :) Their natural hair products are quite cheap :)

You guys tk maxx has a lot of products in there for cheap! It's usually a hit or miss when you go tho!

And I need to go to London!!

Find a LHCF friend to make the purchases you want and ship to you. Or try looking in the product exchange forum, you may find someone willing to ship to London :-)

Back