Uh Oh!!Did Grease Damage My hair???

dede1129

Ok so I stopped greasing my hair a while ago and especially since I found LHCF at the beginning of this year because I learned how useful the natural oils have been for my hair so I have been using Organic Coconut Oil and it has worked Great for me:yep: However, the weather here has been really cold for some reason and drying out my hair and I remembered how moisturized my hair used to be when my mom used to "grease" my scalp so I tried it and so I decided to give it another try and guess what I got some MAJOR shedding going on now:wallbash: I am wondering if this has to do with the Blue Magic coconut hair conditioner that I used?? I did a search on here and got mixed reviews so I am wondering how does this damage your hair and how long does it last?? Once I realized it may be the grease I immediately washed, conditioned, and then Dced with heat and then air dried and just used coconut oil like I should have done in the first place. So what I am asking is how much damage could I have done by greasing my scalp because since then my scalp has been itching like crazy:nono: Or could it be something else that is causing my shedding, I mean it's not that much but I went from 0% shedding to about 15% percent in just the week I had my hair greased. I also went to get a trim right before that so could that be it? I am confused and want the shedding to end NOW!

Help! I hate seeing my shedded hair it makes me sad:sad:

I'm not sure but you could always try a clarifying poo since you just might have some build-up from the oils and greases you used that could cause problems. You did mention that your scalp was itching so I'd give it a try. Build-up on your hair can cause hair to break and itchy scalp. Not sure about shedding though. Are you sure it's shed hair and not breakage?

I'd also run out and get some garlic pills. They worked wonders almost instantly to stop my shedding.

I'm sure others will chime in to offer more advice.

Good luck and HTH!!

Oh I also used sponge rollers so that might have something to do with it too??? I just took a trip down memory hair lane this past week and it did not go well to say the least! UGH

Last edited:
sponge rollers without the satin on em? yea they can dry your hair out. and if it didn't go so well, i'd say they were the culprit

Sponge rollers??!!! :spank: Now you'd better leave those alone for sure. I remember those pink ones taking my hair out as a young kid and leaving them alone waaaay before LHCF days LOL. But they DID give you some extra tight curls though. :yep:

Don't forget to let the clarifying poo sit on your head for a few minutes to work its magic. I never knew to do this before but I believe it really does make a difference.

Good luck!!

I think you are right! It has to be the sponge rollers:wallbash: I was looking all over for some regular rollers but I couldnt find them and really wanted some curls without the heat so I bought some sponge rollers. Needless to say I will be throwing them away ASAP!

BTW: I did get some tight curls though:yep:

Sponge rollers??!!! :spank: Now you'd better leave those alone for sure. I remember those pink ones taking my hair out as a young kid and leaving them alone waaaay before LHCF days LOL. But they DID give you some extra tight curls though. :yep:

Don't forget to let the clarifying poo sit on your head for a few minutes to work its magic. I never knew to do this before but I believe it really does make a difference.

Good luck!!

Back