UBH Moisturizer?

Dandy112

I recently purchased UBH Moisturizer and I noticed the consistency was not as thick as the first time I purchased it. The consistency is similar to Pink Oil Moisturizer and the first time I bought it the consistency was similar to Dudleys PCA Moisture Retainer.

Has anyone else noticed this? Do you think I might have a bad batch?

Lorraine said:
I recently purchased UBH moisturizer and noticed the same thing. The scent and substance seemed different. The scent before was almost clay-like and now it has no scent whatsoever. Also, it's not as thick. It feels like Nexxus Humectress and lacks that 'lotion' feel to it. Before last week the last time I ordered from UBH was approximately a year ago so I just figured it was my bad memory. :ohwell:

Okay...u know what...I ran out of my UBH moisturizer like in early December..but I remember it always being thick since I started using in 2003...but...I peeped the UBH Conditioner when I was using it...and I was like...something is not the same...but I thought it was me...and I was like...well...the last old bottle I had was thick...and had a really strong minty tingle and smell...these past few times...it was minimal and not the same.

Something must be up. Yup...I smell summin.:ohwell:

MonaLisa said:
Okay...u know what...I ran out of my UBH moisturizer like in early December..but I remember it always being thick since I started using in 2003...but...I peeped the UBH Conditioner when I was using it...and I was like...something is not the same...but I thought it was me...and I was like...well...the last old bottle I had was thick...and had a really strong minty tingle and smell...these past few times...it was minimal and not the same.

Something must be up. Yup...I smell summin.:ohwell:

Oh Lawd! I thought it was just me, but I have noticed that the conditioner (not the moisturizer) has not been as thick and hasn't been giving the tingling feeling like it used to. I have been through 3 bottles and the last one just hasn't been doing it for me like the first two!

When I get home later I am going to send her an email and ask her if the conditioner and moisturizer should have the consistency we are all describing.

I never ordered her conditioner before until recently and the consistency was not thick at all. I still get a tingly feeling on my head though but I can't compare it to how it used to be because I never used it before :ohwell:

Hi Dandy,

I've never used UBH, but have considered. Let us know what you find out.

Also I just looked at your album, your hair in 2003 is exactly what my hair looks like now. I saw your April 2004 pictures, I'm praying and hoping that my hair will look like that in a year or less (big prayer). What helped you in retaining that much length.

Just got my big bottle in the mail and the consistency is certainly thinner. It doesn't have the same smell either. Actually now I don't smell anything. I looked at the ingredients and it says that it's the same formula but no way. I'm still liking it but be real about the ingredients.

There's something on her webpage about them switching to a new chemists or something like that and that there were temporary consistency problems with the batches of conditioner. I don't know how old this info is but I do remember reading something along these lines.

Dandy112 said:
When I get home later I am going to send her an email and ask her if the conditioner and moisturizer should have the consistency we are all describing.

I never ordered her conditioner before until recently and the consistency was not thick at all. I still get a tingly feeling on my head though but I can't compare it to how it used to be because I never used it before :ohwell:

I'm about to shoot an e-mail as well. I don't plan on ordering again if it's not how it previously was....that's what I liked.

And...the conditioner used to be strong and tingly....where I could feel that ish working...the last two times...a mild tingle...not as strong...I like it STRONG..lol.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi Dandy,

I've never used UBH, but have considered. Let us know what you find out.

Also I just looked at your album, your hair in 2003 is exactly what my hair looks like now. I saw your April 2004 pictures, I'm praying and hoping that my hair will look like that in a year or less (big prayer). What helped you in retaining that much length.

Hey RabiaElaine,

I think the biggest thing that helped me to retain length was rollersetting and staying consistent with my regime. I was washing my hair every 3 - 4 days and deep conditioning with every wash, rollersetting and letting my hair airdry overnight.

As my hair got longer though I had to sit under the dryer for a good thirty minutes and then let it air dry for the rest of the night.

I made sure to use moisturizing shampoos, moisturizing conditioners and protein conditioners when needed. (I am def a PJ so unfortunately I cant pinpoint what shampoo, conditioner and leave in I was using).

Recently I had to cut my hair to the length of the April 2004 pic because of a trim gone wrong but before the cut my hair was right at about armpit length probably a little shorter!

So for me it is back to my old regime of washing and rollersetting my hair every 3 - 4 days and being consistent with my regime.

As soon as I get an answer about the UBH Moisturizer I will make sure to post :)

Ditto my last order of the conditioner was also thin. I have not ordered any since and I have been making my own. I got the receipe off of her amazon review and someone posted it here too. The home made stuff smells just like the real thing. You get the tingling sensation and it leaves your hair feeling rather hard just like the real deal (I follow up with a nice moisturizing conditioner to combat this)

BTW, I couldn't find peppermint oil anywhere. So I substituted with Benjamin's essence of peppermint. Which I found at the local Korean veggie stand. You can order peppermint oil online but I have no patience. I just use another oil to satisfy the lubricant requirement. The peppermint essence did the trick so I am happy with it.

HTH. :look:

email response from Ms. Howse regarding UBH conditioner...she didn't touch upon the moisturizer...

"The conditioner because of the oils will occasionally liquefy depending on where it is stored. If the post man leaves it in his truck on a warm day, it appears thinner. If the product is left in the bathroom and hot showers warm up the room, it liquefies. There's really nothing wrong with the product. And as always, if you are dissatisfied with the bottle you have we can exchange it or refund you. It wont hurt to use it.
thanks, Cathy"

Okay...is that what happened to my conditioner...cause I keep it in the bathroom? Funny cause...I kept all the other ones in the bathroom as well...and nothing was wrong with it. Hmm....I may be phasing the UBH back out and I'll just be left with my MNT/AO GPB combo for my light protein treatment.

Here is the response about the moisturizer (I purchased the 16 oz bottle):

"We have had to return all 16 oz bottles of Creme to the lab. We had problems with the last batch and they are remaking a new batch for us as soon as possible. We are sending the bad bottles back to the lab for credit and will need you to send your bottle back as well

We do apologize for the mishap and have expressed our discontent with the lab. We are a prime customer so they are eager to please us.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct this problem and for your continued use of my products."

I will be sending my bottle back ASAP! :wink2:

Last edited:
Dandy112 said:
Here is the response about the moisturizer (I purchased the 16 oz bottle):

"We have had to return all 16 oz bottles of Creme to the lab. We had problems with the last batch and they are remaking a new batch for us as soon as possible. We are sending the bad bottles back to the lab for credit and will need you to send your bottle back as well

We do apologize for the mishap and have expressed our discontent with the lab. We are a prime customer so they are eager to please us.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct this problem and for your continued use of my products."

I will be sending my bottle back ASAP! :wink2:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww.....I've been faring pretty well with my woojee cream, my mango butter and my bb castor oil....I may just stick with this and eliminate a potential headache....:ohwell:

Falon said:
Ditto my last order of the conditioner was also thin. I have not ordered any since and I have been making my own. I got the receipe off of her amazon review and someone posted it here too. The home made stuff smells just like the real thing. You get the tingling sensation and it leaves your hair feeling rather hard just like the real deal (I follow up with a nice moisturizing conditioner to combat this)

BTW, I couldn't find peppermint oil anywhere. So I substituted with Benjamin's essence of peppermint. Which I found at the local Korean veggie stand. You can order peppermint oil online but I have no patience. I just use another oil to satisfy the lubricant requirement. The peppermint essence did the trick so I am happy with it.

HTH. :look:
If you live in NYC you can get real peppermint oil for pretty cheap at any health food store. I used this with the mane n tail recipe and that worked wonders for me. Once I finish this bottle (I will mix it with AO GPB because it is too thin by itself) I will never purchase the conditioner again. The moisturizer is another story. I have only bought it this once so I cant compare it to anything else, but it is the best thing that I have found everything else contains glycerine and makes my hair itch or is too oily. So I will be sticking with the moisturizer or diluting it with olive oil or jojoba oil and using it, because I cant make that myself. I will go back to the homemade version with mane n tail when I am done. My curiousity about UBH has been resolved.

Back