Twistouts for Length and Hang Time...

BrockStar

I have done twistouts once before and it was almost the same length as my regular hair so it seemed pointless to me b/c it also looked like my hair. So not I'm doing the twists to my haed this time and put magnetic clips at the end to "weigh" it down a little bit...Anybody have tips for maximizing hang time with their twists?

i sometimes band mine with ponytail elastics to stretch them out.

works pretty good but the length of the "out" is never as long as my hair really is :ohwell: but definitely longer than if i used shrunken twists :grin:

I had the same issue with twist outs. They didn't look much different than a wash and go. Braid outs stretch my hair much better but I had to experiment with the size braid and products before I got it right.

your idea with the clips sounds good to me...thats how they do dreads, the bottom row clip the ends, and as you go up, twist then clip the very end to the furthest you can stretch it, if that makes sense

My twistouts only hang if I twist on blowdried hair.

I wash, blowdry, then twist. Leave in twists for only like 2-3 days to minimize shrinking of the twists, then rock the twistout.

Down side is that the twistout is not as defined and does not last as long before it starts puffing back up.

Back