TWA Ladies: I Got A Couple Of Questions

LuvlyRain3

Ok as of right now I only have two hair issues.

1. I have two different textures in my hair. For the most part my head is 3c-ish. But on the front sides (kinda a rectangle section on each side) is 4a-ish 4b-ish (i guess :ohwell:). I really wouldn't care about the different textures if my hair was longer. But since it isn't the texture difference is very noticeable. How can I get the textures to blend??

2. My next issue is that. I bcd two months ago and I have about 2.5- 3 inches of hair. But my hair still looks like the same .5 inch that it was when I bcd. Its like the more it grows the tighter the curls get. So my curly fro just looks alot thicker. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that I'm not showing so much scalp anymore :lachen: but I really want to know how a I can possibly stretch my twa so that I can show more length. Any suggestions??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

The only thing that works for my multiple textures is a twist-out. That somehow helps everything blend together nicely.

Idk of I have enough hair for twists yet

I think you should have enough for twists. When my twa was that short I could two strand twist it. Give it a try someday. You could also try blow drying it, but if you dont want to use heat, twist are a great alternative for stretching.

Idk of I have enough hair for twists yet

Well, try...I did twists on very short hair--they weren't too cute, but they made cute twist-outs. Also the only other thing that worked was lots of product, you know s-curl, a creamy leave-in, and a little oil or gel, and a lot of manipulation. Oh and also a light blow-out might work too.

Well, try...I did twists on very short hair--they weren't too cute, but they made cute twist-outs. Also the only other thing that worked was lots of product, you know s-curl, a creamy leave-in, and a little oil or gel, and a lot of manipulation. Oh and also a light blow-out might work too.

I'm tring to twist right now as we speak. Yeah definitely not cute lol.

Our suggestions address both questions. Twists, blow drying, and manipulating with product will all help hide the texture differences and will stretch the hair and show more length. The only other thing that will help is time. If the length is really bothering you, maybe hide your hair for awhile with braids with extensions, a weave, or a wig until it gains more length.

ETA: Many people say their hair gets bigger first. Two months is not a long time, you have to be patient. Whenever I bc'd I noticed it took about 4 months before I saw a real difference. About every 4 months I would be surprised by the length but that makes sense because most of us will gain about 2 inches every 4 months, which is noticeable.

Last edited:
When my hair was a bit shorter I used condish and gel to elongate. Komaza's califia styling pudding is also a great product to elongate curls.

thanks. guess four months is not that long to wait. More than 2 months down. I can hold out until then

Plaiting your hair with some product that doesn't have water in it will allow it to stretch and stay stretched.

For example, applying S Curl to my hair and plaiting it for the night gives me a puff like this:
roPuffSept12008Justoutofbraids-vi.jpg

But applying a conditioner (that was a mistake; I thought it was a leave-in) and coconut oil, gave me bigger puff:
October2008Puff-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Back