Trying to save my ends

camere

It was just until recently that i started noticing my ends. Because I had severly damaged hair due to the no lye relaxers and over processing .So I cut some of my hair off and then started to treat it.I changed my relaxer to affirm lye. My hair has gotten stronger over the past 8 months and I wanted 16 weeks to get me a fresh relaxer which made my hair thicker and much more length than regular. Know that my hair is stronger I am realizing small pieces on the bath room floor. Can any one help me save my ends. Thanks in advance
smile.gif
smile.gif

Girl you sound like my hair twin I had the same problem. I used no lye and it did my hair no justice at all I switched to Affirm lye and it looks better but the ends was just nasty. I sucked it up and went to the hair cuttery place and got a chop I cut about 3 inches off. They look so much better and it's already growing back.

If you don't want to cut them use the Affirm 5 in 1 this may help. Also you can try some of the EVOO pre treatments, this may also help.

<font color="blue"> I keep my ends moisturized by applying my daily moisturizer to my ends before I wrap my hair up at night and before I put my hair in my daily bun in the morning. I also rotate the use of hair oils and Profective Healthy Ends after my shampoos to help seal in the moisture. The key to healthy ends are keeping them moisturized and protected IMO. HTH </font>

If your ends are still damaged, the only thing you can do to get rid of that problem is cut it out. If you hang on to damaged hair it will just travel up each strand and damage more of your hair. I was in this same situation last year. But i realized that everytime i would get a trim and go back six weeks later, my hair was still damaged no matter how much time i invested in caring for my hair. This May i finally decided to go for the big chop. Now 95% of my hair is healthy and i'm still working on one area which tends to thin out. Now this is just a suggestion, slowly cutting your dead ends off may be working just fine for you. Just make sure you moisturize your hair everyday. Good Luck.

I'm saving my ends by mosturizing them with curl activator, braiding it up, adding a baggie and covering with a drawstring ponytail. My dry, brittle ends seemed to dissapear with this method.:)

Back