Trying to figure out protective styling with lacefront wigs

GraceJones

I bought a whole bunch of 360 lace front wigs and I love the look of them so far. I go to the salon every three weeks. My stylist braids me down and then she uses the bald cap method to apply my lacefront.

I actually like the look of the wigs and how I can play around with different looks and colors with relative ease. The only issue is I do not like to sleep with my lace wig! I end up having to take it off after a few days because my scalp gets sooo itchy and sore. I also have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp so I like to give it a chance to breathe. I used to have it wayyyy worse at a time when I took a break for wearing wigs and switched to braids/faux locs. I started using Medicasp Coal Tar Gel Dandruff Shampoo and that helped A LOT. No longer have any issues.

The only thing is that I like the seamless look of the bald cap method, but I wonder if it would take me too much time or be too high maintenance so me to take it off every night and put it back on in the morning. are there any other alternatives for a seamless lacefront look?

I don't want to have to go to the salon every week to get my hair done. I'm high maintenance but not that high maintenance lol

I can't do the bald cap because I need my scalp to breathe. I personally apply my face powder to my wig cap in the front, especially on the band. I can never find a wig cap that matches me. Applying the powder makes it look seamless under the wig. Also the recommended elastic band is a good idea. I haven't used wig grip but I noticed I could see the grip under the wig when I watched some YouTube videos.

Back