Trying to alleviate the PJ in me! :o)

Which worked best for you (you may answer more than one)

• 3a/b/c - Love Elucence

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3a/b/c - Love Keracare

• 3a/b/c - Love Kenra

• 3a/b/c - Love Salerm 21

• Total voters

kandi1280

Hello, my name is kandi1280 and I'm a product junkie....

The purpose of this thread is to help me, and potentially others too, with finding products that work (or at least lump together many that MAY work) on my hair type. Because different things work different for every person I guess it will help me see which seem to help one hair type more than another. For example, what seems to be working great for tighter curled haired relaxed ladies, or what works great for looser curled women, or naturals.

When you look at the profiles of all these wonderful heads it makes you want to run out and try what they try hoping that it might work for you. At least it does with me. But I've noticed a lot of stuff works *Great* for some ladies with looser curl patterns and only so-so for those with tighter curl patterns. Or sometimes it might work for me, but not another 4a/b lady. Well hopefully by seeing which products and the TIME FRAME most people stick with it, might help me calm down even further than I already have. So ladies please list the following, please do not deviate or it will make the research a little harder.

1.) your hair type
2.)If Kenra, Mizani, Keracare, NTM (neutrogena triple moisture), Nexxus, Elucence, Pantene Pro V relaxed and Natural, Carol's daughter, UBH, Paul Mitchell, miss keys 10-in 1, Aubrey organics, Asha's naturals, Jason Organics, Giovanni Direct (choose however many work for you) Shampoos and conditioners
3.)Which of the above have you tried and it did not work.
4.)Which of the following worked, infusium 23, lacio-lacio, salerm 21, Keracare leave in, mizani leave-in, NTM leave in, Giovannie direct,elasta QP mango butter.
5.)Do you air dry, rollerset, blowdry, wrap,
6.) Hardest thing you have to overcome with your hair i.e. (its always dry, splits on the ends, breaks in the middle, dry edges, won't grow past shoulders)
7.)Best thing that's worked so far

Lol, I know this is a lot of info I'm asking for, but you might find a group of ladies are in the same exact boat your in. At the end of the week, I will list everyone's answers and try to group them into big hair groups and see in the next 3 months how the groups progress. Hoepfully it will serve as group encouragement for some ladies who feel that their hair isn't going anywhere, or they don't know what products to start with or what may or many not work. An online AA meeting to help with "PJism."

Sorry so long

I want to answer this, but Law & Order SVU is about to come on and I really need to get my Mariska Hargitay fix.

So quickly, what didn't work for me: the Pantene Pro-V Relaxed & Natural line (I tried their shampoo, conditioner, oil cream moisturizer, and wrap & set lotion). Regular Pantene line works great, though.

1.) your hair type 3b/c

2.)If Kenra, Mizani, Keracare, NTM (neutrogena triple moisture), Nexxus, Elucence, Pantene Pro V relaxed and Natural, Carol's daughter, UBH, Paul Mitchell, miss keys 10-in 1, Aubrey organics, Asha's naturals, Jason Organics, Giovanni Direct (choose however many work for you) Shampoos and conditioners

I have had sucess with NTM and Pantene R&N, and Giovanni (leave-in) however Aubrey Organics conditioners have my heart now. :p I haven't tried the other products mentioned.

3.)Which of the above have you tried and it did not work. n/a

4.)Which of the following worked, infusium 23, lacio-lacio, salerm 21, Keracare leave in, mizani leave-in, NTM leave in, Giovannie direct,elasta QP mango butter.

Infusium 23 was pure evil on my hair and Elasta QP Mango Butter was nothing to write home about. NTM worked and so did Giovanni Direct, but neither one is what I consider to a be a staple product.

5.)Do you air dry, rollerset, blowdry, wrap,

I always airdry and then flat iron my roots.

6.) Hardest thing you have to overcome with your hair i.e. (its always dry, splits on the ends, breaks in the middle, dry edges, won't grow past shoulders)

I can't really say I've had a hardest thing. I was dealing with tangles briefly but washing in braids has really help prevent that.

7.)Best thing that's worked so far

Not combing my dry hair.

1.) your hair type: 4a/b relaxed
2.)If Kenra, Mizani, Keracare, NTM (neutrogena triple moisture), Nexxus, Elucence, Pantene Pro V relaxed and Natural, Carol's daughter, UBH, Paul Mitchell, miss keys 10-in 1, Aubrey organics, Asha's naturals, Jason Organics, Giovanni Direct (choose however many work for you) Shampoos and conditioners: Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin works great, haven't tried the other brands (except the Pantene R&N, which I will get to)
3.)Which of the above have you tried and it did not work. Pantene Relaxed & Natural
4.)Which of the following worked, infusium 23, lacio-lacio, salerm 21, Keracare leave in, mizani leave-in, NTM leave in, Giovannie direct,elasta QP mango butter.: Haven't used any of these
5.)Do you air dry, rollerset, blowdry, wrap, : Blow-dry
6.) Hardest thing you have to overcome with your hair i.e. (its always dry, splits on the ends, breaks in the middle, dry edges, won't grow past shoulders): I need to overcome my urge to constantly touch it. I love the way my hair feels and I have serious "hand-in-hair" syndrome. When I get bored, my hands gravitate right back to my hair. Sometimes I look for an excuse to mess with it. I tell myself "Oh, I am gonna moisturize" or "I need to massage my scalp" after both of these things have already been done. *sigh*
7.)Best thing that's worked so far: Garnier, Motions, and CHI (Silk Infusion most of all)

Last edited:
1) 3C 4a
2) Products that work for me: Pantene R&N, UBH Deep Conditioner, NTM daily Deep condition. Elasta Mango Butter. Suave for clarifying have not tried the others
3) NTM silk leave in didn't work as I had breakage hair had too much elasticity too soft. Infusium did nothing for my hair type. ( my daughter swears by it)
4) I air dry*always*
5) I have overcome split ends and excessive breakage by reducing heat and manipulative styles. If it is down it is straight. Mostly I wear it up off of my shoulders, not necessarily in a bun though. I Always Protect the ends with Mango Butter and seal them with serum.
6) Best thing for me has been no heat and being extremely careful with the ends. My hair is the longest it has ever been in my life

1.) your hair type-4a
2.)If Kenra, Mizani, Keracare, NTM (neutrogena triple moisture), Nexxus, Elucence, Pantene Pro V relaxed and Natural, Carol's daughter, UBH, Paul Mitchell, miss keys 10-in 1, Aubrey organics, Asha's naturals, Jason Organics, Giovanni Direct (choose however many work for you) Shampoos and conditioners-I currently use Keracare hydrating shampooo/keracare humecto, AO blue chamoille & AO GPB, ntm daily shampoo& conditioner
3.)Which of the above have you tried and it did not work- I have only used the ones that I have listed and they work wonders for me.
4.)Which of the following worked, infusium 23, lacio-lacio, salerm 21, Keracare leave in, mizani leave-in, NTM leave in, Giovannie direct,elasta QP mango butter.- My favoirite leavein is NTM and I also love qp mango butter for my ends
5.)Do you air dry, rollerset, blowdry, wrap-Airdry
6.) Hardest thing you have to overcome with your hair i.e. (its always dry, splits on the ends, breaks in the middle, dry edges, won't grow past shoulders)-My hair was always try but deep conditioning 2x weekly has whipped my hair into shampoo
7.)Best thing that's worked so far-All of the products that I have mentioned works excellent for me. They're all my staples; motions cpr hair treatment, ao blue chamoiile shampooo/gpb, ntm daily shampoo/conditioner, con green bottle/nourishing conditioner, keracare detangling shampoo/humecto conditioner, ntm leave in, mango butter, profective healthy ends, among other products:)

Back