Trying something new.....

AuNaturalMaMa

Hi ladies. I am trying something new by PS'ing on the weekends for as long as I can. If I have to go somewhere I plan on adding accessories, scarf, hat, something like that. Here is what I did this weekend since I knew I didnt have any plans. I came home Friday and washed and conditioned. Braided in 2 braids overnight. Woke up Saturday and DC for about 3 hours while I did my daily chores. Then I rinsed, plopped for about 30 minutes, sprayed with glycerin and rosewater mix, added giovanni direct leave-in, detangled a bit more, sealed w/ castor oil and braided into 8 braids. I left them in until this morning when I took down and realized I do NOT like the middle part. I tried to flip to the side. Didn't work!

Gainesville-20110523-00029.jpg

At least for me I didnt like. So I decided to add a clip I got for $1 at walgreens loved it! From the front it looked pretty plain.

Gainesville-20110523-00036.jpg

But from the top it looked oh so cute!
Gainesville-20110523-00034.jpg

Here's a side view.

Gainesville-20110523-00035.jpg

The only thing I have been having trouble with is whenever I do braids/braid outs or twist/twist outs I have straight ends unless I do really small braids like sharpie size and put rods on the ends of each individual braid. Even when I did this with my twists a few weeks ago they still didnt curl like I wanted them to. I'd like to be able to do quick braid/twist outs with larger braids but still have curled ends. Any tips. I usually wear the top of my hair up due to the difference in textures(my top is more of s pattern with a slight curl to the ends/my sides and back are sharpie to marker sized curls with a definate curl to the ends) I embrace my different textures but I like that braid/twist outs give me a more uniform look but I do not like the straight ends all over.

OAN: Here's a picture of my DS (22months) who kept saying "Picture me Ma Please" so I had to take a picture of his lil curls. Just 3 months ago he had his 3rd hair cut ever. His first was just a lil trim on top to even out, 2nd was about 2 inches off stretched, this one 3months ago was a low fade. Sorry no pictures, they were on my old phone. But here he is.

Gainesville-20110523-00039.jpg

Punkin head! :grin:

Thanks!

Pretty! Have you try doing a braid out using a ribbon? bantu knot the braids or use the smallest perm rods your hair can hold? Love the outcome though.

Back