True SL and CBL Hair

I had both charts in fotki, they are commonly circulated never really looked close because my hair had never been shorter than APL since I got fotki! I am shocked that this one is WRONG and no one caught it yet because so many people use it. LOL.

Oh it's been caught. I've seen posts question it after it was posted.

SO now I just need to know is their one like it that has been corrected! Charts are helpful if they are accurate LOL!

I don't know. Some of us are just good and pointing errors out but can't be bothered to do the hard work of fixing them. We figure if we warn people that there's a ditch at the end of the walkway, others will pass the message on so no one falls into the pit. :giggle:

Oh wait, maybe the pic with the ceiling length had an improvement? :lachen: Going to look.

ETA: NM, that's the thread that went poof coz it got way off topic, IIRC.

Last edited:
I think you are making those with long necks jealous. Am I the only one who remembers some crazy thread asking if someone without a neck can claim a certain length?

Yes and I pointed out that people with long necks often have little bitty pea heads. :ohwell::lachen:

Why is collarbone higher than the bottom of the neck on that picture? :look:

I think you are making those with long necks jealous. Am I the only one who remembers some crazy thread asking if someone without a neck can claim a certain length?

I remember that one. :grin:

I'm of the mind that CBL is merely full SL from the front.

As far as someone being 1-2 inches to APL (usually measured from the back) and not SL, maybe they were referring to layers and being FULL shoulder length (where all the hair is touching shoulders)? Some people here make a distinction between being able to claim a length and being a full length. I think that's where a lot of the confusion comes from.

Well they have this one called the PG-13 hair chart. It doesn't recognize NL or shorter nor CBL or APL but it looks okay to me. WE NEED SOMEONE TO MAKE A NEW CHART!!!
PG13hairchart.jpg

Last edited:
Well they have this one called the PG-13 hair chart. It doesn't recognize NL or shorter nor CBL but it looks okay to me.
PG13hairchart.jpg

I like that one. And it does show SL is at CBL which goes along with what some of us are saying that full SL = CBL. :yep:

I'm starting to see my starting length as the beginning of shouder rather than neck now hmm
oh and i've seen some rediculously long hair claimed as shoulder in this forum, gorgeous as they were.

how do you work out mid back again, divide the length from your shoulder to hip?

I'm starting to see my starting length as the beginning of shouder rather than neck now hmm
oh and i've seen some rediculously long hair claimed as shoulder in this forum, gorgeous as they were.

how do you work out mid back again, divide the length from your shoulder to hip?

Mid-back is just that to me: hair falls at the halfway point of your back, your back being from where your neck ends to where your butt starts. Some folks' bras do sit at midback.

Attachments

• mid-back.JPG
    mid-back.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Okay since I was just determined to offer a good hair chart to help the OP, I found this one and it is good enough for me so I am putting this one in fotki and deleting the rest.

hairlengthguide1-vi.jpg

To me CBL and SL are more or less the same length, with maybe CBL being a touch longer.

And I don't know who is 1-2 inches from APL and not yet at SL. Where did you see/hear/read that?

When My hair was this long, (see attached) the Enforcers here would NOT let me claim SL.

I am not understanding what you are saying, I have always known (and thought it was common knowledge) that SL is shorter than CBL.

Yes that is one of the threads I was talking about. I don't remember every other example specifically but in LadyRaider's case, I was like "say what?!" I didn't understand why the "enforcers" were denying her that.

I've been lurking the challenge threads as well, which left me more confused than ever.

I think it depends on if the person is claiming "touching SL" which is shorter than CBL but FULL SL is the same as CBL to me. BUT like you were saying SL is never shorter than CBL.

I honestly don't understand why a chart is needed for certain lenghts specifically apl and bsl. You know where your arm pits are, you know where your bra strap is, you know where your shoulder blades are.....sometimes I just get a little aggravated when people ask if they're apl knowing good and darn well their hair does not reach the arm pit.....now waist is another story because many of us have rolls covering our waist lines lol

carry on.....

I honestly don't understand why a chart is needed for certain lenghts specifically apl and bsl. You know where your arm pits are, you know where your bra strap is, you know where your shoulder blades are.....sometimes I just get a little aggravated when people ask if they're apl knowing good and darn well their hair does not reach the arm pit.....now waist is another story because many of us have rolls covering our waist lines lol

carry on.....

LOL, you are so right but like you said, people keep asking everyday LOL!!!

I guess they ask because they want to reach APL so bad, they can just taste it. I know I have been working hard trying to reach my first goal (APL) and will be driving my family crazy doing double takes to make sure my eyes are not fooling me.
I know if I post a thread asking if I made APL its only for reassurance...

IMO CBL is longer then SL

Last edited:
I just asked in the SL challenge thread what SL and CBL length looks like. I was told, in order of length- short to long- NL< CBL< SL. Now, my science background still won't let me believe that. :perplexed

Thank you! CBL kind of drives me nutty, b/c according to hair charts the middle of the sternocleidomastoid is the same as the clavicle....

I never used CBL as a marker...I went from SL (of course, you could claim full SL- which I guess would be collarbone length) to APL...Interestingly, I am using BSB instead of BSL because my BSL is actually MBL...It starts to get weird...even though it shouldn't be!

When My hair was this long, (see attached) the Enforcers here would NOT let me claim SL.

chile dont u know that Full NL :lachen:

I got a rude awakening too. I assumed SL was when ur hair was at the shoulder (ie: resting on the top of the shoulders)

In fact Ive even seen BSB (between shoulder blades) I think all the ambiguity comes b/c there is aparently no clear agreed body part that signifies the shoulder.

unlike APL

now for BSL :lachen: I seen some ladies lookin like they hike up the back of their bras just to make BSL. I dunno it just looks that way to me:drunk:

chile dont u know that Full NL :lachen:

I got a rude awakening too. I assumed SL was when ur hair was at the shoulder (ie: resting on the top of the shoulders)

In fact Ive even seen BSB (between shoulder blades) I think all the ambiguity comes b/c there is aparently no clear agreed body part that signifies the shoulder.

unlike APL

now for BSL :lachen: I seen some ladies lookin like they hike up the back of their bras just to make BSL. I dunno it just looks that way to me:drunk:

I don't see why hair resting on the shoulder isn't considered SL. I say I'm just barely Sl for the sake of this site but I honestly do consider myself shoulder length because my hair is on ...my shoulder lol

Back