Transitioning vs. Line of Demarcation

tapioca_pudding

Hey ladies... im trying to hold out in this transition for at LEAST 6 months.. but my hair is snapping at the line of demarcation. :nono:

What are you ladies using to keep that line soft and silky??

Thanks in advance...

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

Detangle your hair as carefully as possible (work the bottom up) using a wide-toothed comb or your fingers.

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize (and seal, lol).

If bunning, don't bun too tight.

Use low manipulation. Let your hair be.

Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo saved me for the first 6 months. And also Kenra Daily Provision leave-in conditioner

Thank you both for responding!!

C&DM - I think I don't moisturize my newgrowth enough, you're so right. :yep:

Artemis - I will try both of those products to see if they work for me. :D

I only noticed "roughness" of my demarcation line in my third month when i needed protein and would have had a touchup/reconstructor if I were still relaxing. I used aphogee 2 min (literally applied left a few seconds and rinsed out). Since then I make sure to use a reconstructor every 6-8 weeks. Other than that I don't use anything special outside of my normal products for my demarcation line.

You have to be extra careful with this area and never be in a hurry. It is the toughest area to dertangle b/c this is wear the natural hair adn relaxed hair intertwine.

I think for my first 9 months I used a conditioner to detangle my hair mostly using my fingers after each wash and did twist outs. I D/C'd on dry hair alot which has helped keep my hair from tangling too much.
It isn't talked about much anymore but using the "relaxer method" to apply DC really helped me. you may have to use more conditioner so I just made sure to every wash to make it worth it.
Also it is never too early to start washing in sections.

Computer Blue - Yeah I def use a reconstructor every couple weeks or so, but I think I still need to step up my moisture game. And I need to find that *magic* product to use on my newgrowth so it doesnt pop off!! :) Thanks so much!!

Bun Mistress - Thanks so much for the suggestions!! I never wash in sections OR do the relaxer method with my DC's... I just kinda slap the condish on LOL! :wallbash:

Back