Transitioners - What's your current regimen?

inthepink

Transitioners - What\'s your current regimen?

Just wondering how the transitioners are doing and current regimens.

Not too much has changed for me in the past few months other than trying new products:

Sundays
Hot Oil Treatment (sometimes)
Shampoo Wash
Conditioning and Detangling
Deep Conditioning (sometimes heat, sometimes not)
Leave-In Application and Detangling
HHB to new growth
Ponytail to Aidry and coconut oil on ends
Gel & Scarf Trick

Wednesdays
Conditioner wash only and detangle
Leave-In Application and Detangling
HHB to new growth
Ponytail to Aidry and coconut oil on ends
Gel and Scarf Trick

I'm considering adding some every other day rinses to my regimen and wearing wet buns.
smile.gif

Re: Transitioners - What\'s your current regimen?

My transition is goin' fine. I have a solid regime, however, I must admit that I've got'n lazy
ohwell.gif
I might do 2 co rinses a week (or 1 poo, 1 rinse). I'm pretty consistent about moisturizing daily, even if it's just a mist. Vits? What are those
laugh.gif
! I've regressed back to my 'ole once a wk routine
nono.gif

Don't get me wrong, I'm still having a blast exploring my "natural hair",
trampoline.gif
... I'm just toning it down a bit... sorta just crusin' along
cool.gif

ok, here's weekly my regime:

CO RINSE ROUTINE
-Apply (sometimes warmed) moisturizing conditioner on ~dry~ hair, small sections at a time (usually LustraSilk Aloe enriched Cholesterol)
-Let sit for at least 30 mins under plastic cap
-While rinsing out conditioner, gently massage scalp with pads of fingers
-Detangle with leave in (experimenting w/Biolage Tonic. Otherwise it's VO5 Detangle & Shine or Motions Nourishing Leave In)
-Apply oils: peppermint/rosemary/cold pressed castor to new growth/scalp; Hot six to length; Motions Moisture Enriched to ends
-Air dry in plaits, twist, bun

WASH ROUTINE
-Vo5 Hot oil
-Poo w/Con or Motions Lavish
-Apply (warmed) Motions Moisture Plus, Silk Protein or another conditioner of choice for 15 or so mins, rinse
-Proceed to detangle w/leave in, etc. (see above)

I have braids.

I wash once a week with breakthru conditioning fortifying shampoo, towel dry, then apply loc n twist herbal no itch spray and airdry.

I sleep with a satin scarf at night

I use the loc n twist spray daily.

Im on week 13 of transitioning and thinking of a big chop when i get to week 20.

Thanks ladies for posting these. I hope more people post their regimes too. While I am far from being a transitioner (I just relaxed Oct. 4) my new growth gets really hard to manage after about 6-8 weeks. I'm talking about it just goes down hill from there. It's not that I give in and relax at that point. I'm too stubborn and lazy for that. I just stop trying to comb out the tangled nest in my head is all, LOL...it has made for a pleasant surprise after I finally do relax at about 14-16 weeks! Lots of noticeable growth. HOWEVER this time, I'll be using suggestions from you ladies to see if I can stretch out my relaxers while keeping my hair smoothed and detangled. I'm thinking hairlove's infamous scarf trick is just the thing I need! LOL...

Thanks again
smile.gif

I'm in braids. I did the big chop on Sunday. I will be washing once a week with Optimum care shampoo.

I'm in braids. I just spray Surge and occasional Fantasia leave-in conditioner rinses. I am scared to wash because my braids are unusually fragile, I think my hair might be too soft. I will try and keep these until January (if they don't look too bad).

Sorry for busting in on your "transitioning" thread, but what benefits do you see in using coconut oil on your ends? Of course I have a 16 oz bottle that I ordered last year that I've only used once
wink.gif

I should have explained better...
The coconut oil I refer to is actually not pure coconut oil. It is proclaim's coconut oil - it's in a jar and contains petroleum and coconut oil. So, it's like vaseline and coconut oil. I guess that's why I've found that it works well for sealing in moisture for my ends.

I pre poo with coconut oil for and hour and condition wash with suave coconut,dc,ACV rinse and cowash again,I then put BB moisturizer with castor oil and aloe,seal with castor oil. I usually either bun or braidout. I ordered some shea butter and i am gonna try that when it comes in.
I use dilluted CON once a month to eliminate any buildup. I also use conditioner and lemon jucie to clarify sometimes.
I do the cowashes twice a week and after 6 months post Ive started doing a DC every time
I moisturize daily with essential oils,Sauve,spring water,castor oil,and glycerin in a spritz bottle.
I also detangle with a jibere shower comb in sections, I gently loosen the newgrowth and start unraveling at the ends like the C&G method.

Bump anyone else?

I used to wash twice a week but since I've been back on the road traveling for my job, I had to cut it down to atleast once a week.

I prepoo with my own honey, copoo mix
I than wash with NTM shampoo and deep conditioner
I add the NTM deep co
After wash:
I add l'oriel Natural therapy condition as my leave in. Spray some S-curl. and do my style with the NTM leave in.

After it's dry I add my BT daily.

Very simple...I co wash every two - three days, I oil my scalp with whatever I am using for the moment (currently using Vatika oil), and I style and go. At night I oil my ends with Ojon or Castor oil. The past two weeks I have been putting JBCO all over my hair to moisturize with and the next day when I wash it is so soft. I want to get some Alma oil to prepoo with.

My routine is pretty simple... LOL well not really

Every week here is what I do:
Wash
Condition
Deep Condition
Apply leave in conditioner
Style
Seal with oil mixture

I moisturize 2x's a day and seal with oil mixture

Every other month (about 8 weeks) I use Aphogee treatment followed by a DC

I rotate each with using an apple cider vinegar rinse(which is after my wash on my weekly wash regiment) or I use my Motions protein reconstructor which I apply in the shower after I wash

I believe that when I use Aphogee that I am going to do an mayo/egg deep condition and see how that works.

This week I did not co-wash because my hair was twisted in the front and I was wearing a 1/2 wig and just didn't feel like it. My hair seems fine from not washing so much....

Back