Transitioners, Relaxed, and Naturals show us a pic of your hair from 2008

Rapunzel*

preferably oct, nov or december ill post mines

i miss my natural hair cbl(i really dont post face pics but i dont want to edit)

cd59d743.jpg

my puff
420360ce.jpg

my twists were short but i miss them:cry:
ccb12106.jpg

my puff on nov 3rd (yes it was moisturized with aussie moist:lick:)
cf1c60cf.jpg

my puff/ braids
01f5bf07.jpg

if one asked me what ive learned, is that in the summer of 09 when i relaxed due to knots: not to relax due to ssn and frustration. i should have just protective styled, i began to get frustrated and i had a lot of dryness and it seemed as if nothing worked.i also believe that it was changing products some and the summer heat. maybe i needed a trim and everything would have been better. thats why im transitioning again. i will be natural in the beginning of 2011 or mid 2010. i want my natural hair to be apl or possibly longer ive seen it done.

Forever :lachen:.

Seriously, I don't know right now.
same here i just know it wont be in 2009 or 2010 unless my natural hair is apl or bsl by dec 31st 2010 but for real i can wait i want a nice length, i was in an in between stage earlier this year. i cant wait until im finally free!

I am relaxed and here are some of 08 and 09 just my hair grew quickly.....the first pic is Aug 08 when I got my hair cut and relaxed, the last two pics are Oct 09 my length shot.....

Attachments

• img042-th.jpg
    img042-th.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Image049.jpg
    Image049.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Image039.jpg
    Image039.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 7
My setback picture in December:

I say setback because the left pic is a picture from August 2008, after my relaxer in December, my longest areas (middle and right) were close to BSL but I had severe breakage on the left side so those areas were about SL (:pullhair:). I'm over it now though :yep:

Cause of breakage: I didn't wash my hair for 3 weeks (bad plumbing @ home), I usually showered @ the gym or a quick shower at home because the water was either hot or cold! Also... I think overprocessing played a huge part in this. I NEVER coated my previously relaxed hair with oil or conditioner so everytime I rinsed out my relaxer, it went through these unprotected ends... <--- learn from this ladies.

Now, I have 11 months of growth (minus a couple dustings) plus the length on the right pic (from the comparison pic) but I have no idea how my hair looks straightened now... my siggy pics are current pics of my hair (2nd half of this year)

My setback picture in December:

I say setback because the left pic is a picture from August 2008, after my relaxer in December, my longest areas (middle and right) were close to BSL but I had severe breakage on the left side so those areas were about SL (:pullhair:). I'm over it now though :yep:

Cause of breakage: I didn't wash my hair for 3 weeks (bad plumbing @ home), I usually showered @ the gym or a quick shower at home because the water was either hot or cold! Also... I think overprocessing played a huge part in this. I NEVER coated my previously relaxed hair with oil or conditioner so everytime I rinsed out my relaxer, it went through these unprotected ends... <--- learn from this ladies.

Now, I have 11 months of growth (minus a couple dustings) plus the length on the right pic (from the comparison pic) but I have no idea how my hair looks straightened now... my siggy pics are current pics of my hair (2nd half of this year)
im glad you have 11 months of growth, im so sorry for that setback:nono: it could have been a mixture of over processing too because i know many members that wash every 3-4 weeks. ive been over processed before and :sad:

Oops, failed to mention cos I work out 5 times a week, I had dried out sweat (yes, ewwww) and it didn't help that I didn't wash my hair... That was bad for my hair :nono:

im glad you have 11 months of growth, im so sorry for that setback:nono: it could have been a mixture of over processing too because i know many members that wash every 3-4 weeks. ive been over processed before and :sad:

Oops, failed to mention cos I work out 5 times a week, I had dried out sweat (yes, ewwww) and it didn't help that I didn't wash my hair... That was bad for my hair :nono:

oh ok i see , i still want to blame it on the relaxer though :giggle:
i need to get back on with my exercising im just so busy but im paying so much for the gym i might as well

Yep, the relaxer was a major factor (silly me, I should have coated my relaxed strands)

Yes... get back on with it :strong:
oh ok i see , i still want to blame it on the relaxer though :giggle:
i need to get back on with my exercising im just so busy but im paying so much for the gym i might as well

Back