Transitioners-Please Post your Regimines

dicapr

I was wondering if we could get a list of regimines from the ladies who are/have transitioned at different points in their transition. It seems that you have to switch up regularly and it would be nice to have a list of what different people did at each point. I'll go first.

months 3-5
daily CW
protective styles almost daily
weekly shampoo and deep condition
heat maybe once a month
Karaphix every 2 weeks

month 6 (as of 1/7)
planning to

shampoo, deep condition weekly
twist hair on wash day
daily spray twist with leave in and oil sheen
flat iron once a month

I'm in my 6th month........I wash and deep condition 1-2x weekly. Detangle w/ nacidit avocado rinse.I either do a twist out or pull back in a loose bun. Either way I let it airdry.

I was using setting lotion , dlitued w/ water and avocado butter (melted) for my twist out.But now I'm all over Miss Jessies!Love that stuff.

Pre-poo w/ amla oil overnite.

Nothing extremely special................I am reday to chop this damn relaxer off though........

P.S. I have no idea what my hair type is!

I'm in my 8th month and my regiman is as simple as possible.

I wash my hair every day or every other day. I was originally doing conditioner washes, but it wasn't working for me.

Lots of water. My hair loves h20!

I style with hair mayo and cantu shea butter.

I don't deep condition, pre-poo, or anything like that.

im in my 18th month and
my hair likes to keep things simple.

i wash every day or 2nd day
some days i apply a leave in, (usually just the same conditioner i used to wash
my hair)

and let air dry.

thats it. :)

Last edited:
hi dicapr

months 2-7 - ugh.....trying to find what works, tried anything once. loved being able to justify being a PJ to the 10th power. constantly playing with my hair to figure out how to handle the new growth without looking a HAM.

something different:

hardcore protein
- i just recently started using this this month. i used aphogee-OMG-this-stuff-dries-hard because some of my hair had that weird stretch thing going on :S i will only use this if i'm experiencing the stretching and can't say how much of a routine it will be.

months 7 (getting better)-present (stable routine and actually enjoying myself):

precondition in sections, every wash with aubrey's either the HSR or GBP (w/plastic cap) for 15 minutes to whenever i feel like washing.

shampoo in sections. was using dr. bonner's and aubrey's but it's too drying for winter so i switched back to optimum care for the time being.

condition and rinse in the same 4 sections.

detangle ONLY once a week in smaller sections.

anything else depends on how i'm gonna wear it that week.

braids, twists and their out styles (staple styles) - shea butter then plait - sometimes lottabody creme wrap to "set" the style without the poof, sometimes not.

flatiron (occasionally or special occasion) - sometimes i airdry, sometimes airdry/blowout combo. always with warm or cool settings and heat protectant.

rollersets/flexirods - haven't done this for a hot minute but the routine would be basically the same as flatironing - cept i'd be working with soaking wet hair.

other basic products:

pure shea butter, WGO, variety of oils, elasta qp H2 (or plain water) and lottabody creme wrap.

regimen is always subject to change depending on hair condition ;)

I'm about 5 months in...

*I wash 2 times a week.
*no Co-Washes
*DC one a week using either ORS Replenishing Pak or NeXXus Hummectress.
*I clarify once a month.
*I have fallen in loove with Elasta QP Mango Butter. It makes my new growth sooo smoth and manageable.
*I have stopped using heat and have learned how to roller-set so my style options are getting better and better.

Im just READY to be 100% natural. I can't wait to BC!

Back