Transitioners - anyone feel like this or am i just wierd lol

SheenaVee

now that im transitioning (and ive only been doing so for 2 months or so) i dont really seem to care as much for my relaxed hair as i used to :perplexed. i mean i stil wash and condition and moisturise but now i dont really care if my ends get messed up and look a bit of a mess coz im thinking im gna cut it off anyway! lol. and i have no plan of BCing i want to transition for as long as possible with trims along the way so i dnt know why i feel like this. is it just me?

also another quick question. i havent deep conditioned for ages now, i cnt be bothered to sit under the dryer. ive just been co washing every day or nearly every day. is this bad?

I care for my whole head the same. I prefer for my ends to look nice and thick (even though they are relaxed) and my 7 months of new growth to look nice too. When I wear my hair straight, I like it to all look & feel healthy.

As far as the DC, I can't say since I DC faithfully once a week.

now that im transitioning (and ive only been doing so for 2 months or so) i dont really seem to care as much for my relaxed hair as i used to :perplexed. i mean i stil wash and condition and moisturise but now i dont really care if my ends get messed up and look a bit of a mess coz im thinking im gna cut it off anyway! lol. and i have no plan of BCing i want to transition for as long as possible with trims along the way so i dnt know why i feel like this. is it just me?

also another quick question. i havent deep conditioned for ages now, i cnt be bothered to sit under the dryer. ive just been co washing every day or nearly every day. is this bad?
I've been transitioning since October 2007. I love my natural hair, and I wish my Mom had never started me on relaxers. :ohwell: I do make it a point to continue to take good care of my relaxed hair because I still have a lot of relaxed hair, and I want my hair to look nice. I deep condition once a week (usually with heat) for 15 to 20 minutes.

I feel this way. 99% of the time, my hair is up in a bun or hidden.The rare times I do wear it down, I don't think much about whether or not any heat will damage my relaxed hair cause in my mind, I'm snipping them off eventually anyway. I do condition it and all, but I just don't put alot of effort into the relaxed portion of my hair.

yh i care for my whole head i just think that if my ends get messed up i wouldnt feel it as much as i would have if i wasnt transitioning.

I'd say that if you want to transition for a long time, you have to DC because the relaxed hair will break off without TLC. I also think my new growth has benefited from DC. It makes it so soft and easy to detangle.

I felt the same way when I was transitioning...:yep: That being said, you don't want to walk aroung looking HAM..:nono:

yup. also, if you're going to transition for a long time, make your your ends aren't left damaged (or are more susceptible to it) or else the damage could continue along the hair shaft and affect your ng.

i also felt the same way but i didn't care all that much for my relaxed hair even before i decided to transition anyway.

Last edited:
I think it's great that you're co washing often. I'm doing a long transition too. I don't co wash, though. Once a week I wash with a conditioning sulfate-free shampoo (CON Ultra Moisturizing) and I DC with ORS Replenishing Conditioner.

I'm transitioning also (16 months post) and I DC at least twice a week (sometimes three) because it's imperative that I take care of my whole head, especially my relaxed ends. I wouldn't want to risk not taking care of my ends, only to have them split up the shaft and affect my healthy new growth.

Back