**Transitioners and Naturals: PLEASE ANSWER**

healthyhair2

Ladies ,
Have you found that the more Natural hair you grow, the more natural products you have to use? I seem to find that some of my products that used to work on my completely relaxed hair,do not do the job on my transitioning hair. Anyone else experience this?

The products that my hair seems to like now don't have to be all natural, but they have to contain better ingredients. Some of my old products just leave my hair drier than I would like.

Last edited:
Ladies ,
Have you found that the more Natural hair you grow, the more natural products you have to use? I seem to find that some of my products that used to work on my completely relaxed hair,do not do the job on my transitioning hair. Anyone else experience this?

ABSOLUTELY TRUE! For the most part. My beloved Redken stopped working and I had to trade it in for Shea Moisture, which I'm finding that my hair really likes as a daily seal after cowashing. The only product that both my relaxed and natural textures like is the Wen shampoo. It gently cleans my new growth and makes my relaxed hair very soft. It's not all natural, but it works.

Maybe it's because the natural hair needs heavier products? A lot of the natural products for textured hair tend to be heavier than others in my opinion.

Last edited:
Of course. The longer I am natural (7yrs) the more I'm ditching the commercial products. The natural/organic/homemade stuff works just as well, if not better. It's also cheaper, and a little goes a long way.

I can no longer use my beloved HE long term leave in. My natural part acts a fool whenever I try. Now I'm looking into something more natural. Thank God I can still use some OTC products like Rusk. I don't consider it a completely bad deal, the natural products I can make from hand are cheaper then store brought, and are working better for my natural roots. For my relaxed ends they're learning to cooperate.

Ladies ,

Not that I know of, however, it is true that thinner hair needs thinner product in order for it not to be weighed down. That doesn't mean that I'm gonna go out and buy all natural products. I might just purchase a few oils and add it too my commercial products, or stay away from certain commercial products that have certain things.

I don't think I'm gonna stop purchasing commercial products. Personally, I like the convenience. In fact, I'm trying to get my hands on Joico cuticle sealer and Joico clarifyer/chelate. I hear great things about them.

So yeah. :look:

i don't "have" to use more natural products, i just chose to because i already used them on my skin and my scalp is part of my skin.

I think so yes.

In my transition, I'm having success w/ making my own moisturizer juice mix (my hair HATES all the others but it tolerated S-curl. barely) and I seal w/ butters or oils. When I first start w/ oils, my hair was a stringy mess.

I haven't moved to all natural products, but I'm noticing that my hair seems to do well with products like Trader Joes which are sulfate and cone free. I'm looking to use things that are gentle as possible.

I do want to experiment with more natural things like avocados, eggs, and the like.

well as other ladies said, I dont HAVE to use natural products but Ive been leaning more that way, since I started using them on my skin in general, I think it was just a matter of time before it transferred to my hair.

It's funny b/c transitioning feels like so long ago sometimes. Lol. I didn't find myself using any additional products. The more natural products I used the better b/c when I was fully natural, they worked great for my hair too. I just kept my new growth moisturized with my homemade moisturizing mist and a little oil. Glycerin was my friend back then. Now as a full natural with longer hair, it's my enemy. Lol.

Back