Transition update (pic)

FAMUDva

I'm late... but here's my hair after 1 yr of transitioning (Dec 12, 2007 was last relaxer)

It's rough, but it's where I am :( The front new growth is still recovering for the professional press :( Thank God the back still reverts :)

Jan. 4th 2009
DSC01803-vi.jpg

DSC01796-vi.jpg

And my daily bun for fun :)
(Nov 08)
dec084-vi.jpg
http://images47.fotki.com/v1401/photos/7/772672/6992625/dec084-vi.jpg

Last edited:
I can see your curlies!!! Nice definition. Looks very moisturized. What products do you use. I am seriously of transitioning.

cute hair! I love the back <3

My hair is heat damaged in the front too :( it just makes me think "but i'm not even fully natural yet! geez"

I can see your curlies!!! Nice definition. Looks very moisturized. What products do you use. I am seriously of transitioning.

I CW with Sunsilk Captivating Curls or the Suave Humectrant. In Nov. I went to a curly/kinky/wavy shop and she sold me some Ms. Jessie's shampoo and conditioner, so I use that when I shampoo. I DC with Phytospecific Vital Force Creme Bath. And I had been using Sunsilk Capitivating curls leave in, but switched to CurlySexyHair detangler.

As far as styling products are concerned, it depends on the day, but my staples are:

For my edges
Fantasia IC gel
QP Mango Butter for edges

Twist outs
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

Moisturizer
Water
The Jane Carter Twist & Lock Moisterizing cream
Organic coconut oil

When flat ironing
PM Skinny Serum

And I of course have my trusty Denman :)

Last edited:
cute hair! I love the back <3

My hair is heat damaged in the front too :( it just makes me think "but i'm not even fully natural yet! geez"
Girl, don't you just hate it! But the front is FINALLY rebounding... But it's only because i finally have NG again up there. It's only like 3 inches of new growth in the very front where she made it aweful :(

You have some gorgeous texture coming through under there.
How long are you planning on transitioning?
Thanks! Initially I had planned to transition for 2 yrs. But with the set back in the front it may be that long or longer. I'll let my hair tell me. So far I've not had any management problems. Just the setback from the stylist.

I'm late... but here's my hair after 1 yr of transitioning (Dec 12, 2007 was last relaxer)

It's rough, but it's where I am :( The front new growth is still recovering for the professional press :( Thank God the back still reverts :)

Jan. 4th 2009
DSC01803-vi.jpg

congrats!!! lovely hair. nice and full:)

I wish I was type 3....

Girl, I don't even get into the hair typing thing... because my hair is tighter in the middle and looser in the back and right now the front is on a mission to return to it's former glory.

You can and should have great hair no matter what your curl/coil/kink pattern :) Happy growing :)

Girl, I don't even get into the hair typing thing... because my hair is tighter in the middle and looser in the back and right now the front is on a mission to return to it's former glory.

You can and should have great hair no matter what your curl/coil/kink pattern :) Happy growing :)

I guess most folks have issues with their hair...

Back