Transcript of chat with Kemi Laboratories (6/5/03)

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Girls,

Kindly find below the transcript of the chat with Kemi Laboratories which took place on Thursday 5th of June 2003 at 3:00 pm EST.

A big thank you to Kemi and to all the girls that were present in the chat (around 20-25).

<hr /><font face="Tahoma" size="2">dimopoulos
Welcome to all the girls</font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">dimopoulos
Ok I think we should start</font>

Long Hair Care Forum LLC are proud to host this chat with Kemi Laboratories our sponsors.</font>

We have with us Geoff McClenney representing Kemi Laboratories.</font>

The chat will be conducted as follows:</font>

First of all Kemi Laboratories will make a brief presentation about Kemi, their philosophy and their products/distribution. Right after that you will be able to ask your questions in turn</font>

Now Geoff if you please....</font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2"><font color="#FF0000">Kemilabs</font>
* KEMI LABORATORIES, INC. is a family owned and operated business. We manufacture all-natural hair and skin care products and have been in business nearly twenty years. KEMI LABS is based in Columbia Maryland.
* PHILOSOPY - Our products are formulated using a unique biological transmutation process which gives the hair total balance. This process contains special ingredients which include 18 elements found in the human body. We discovered that hair would accept products with this type of conditioning process better than those with a chemicals or a non natural base.
* At KEMI LABS, we believe in hair care. As a result, our product line is an educational line. We have found that customers who are interested in learning as much about hair care as possible will have the greatest results. In support of our belief in education, we have recently opened our Education and Training Center along with Retail Store located in our National Headquarters. In support of our belief in education, we have recently opened our Education and Training Center along with Retail Store located in our National Headquarters. In our Education and Training Center, we will be conducting classes on all aspects of Inner and Outer Beauty (Hair, Skin Care and Makeup, Nutrition, Juicing, Herbs).</font>

Above is our brief overview.</font>

Nikos, I can post the questions that have already been asked first before we open the floor for questions?</font>

I think we should start with questions from the members</font>

I am sure that most of the ones you have there will be asked here...</font>

OK, we are ready</font>

So girls please ask your questions one at a time please</font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Destinee
<font color="#800000">Can you tell us what ingredients are used in Kemi-oyl?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">A unique blend of Essential Oil and Fragrance. The specifics are proprietary</font></font>

Thank You</font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">soontobenatural
<font color="#800000">How should the Shea Butter Pomade be used? Some users suggest using as a leave-in conditioner on wet hair. I have tried this and it makes the hair very soft. I have also used for twists on damp hair. Can it be used on dry hair?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">It can be used on dry hair. Most have had success when the hair is a little damp as opposed to damp.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">alireno
<font color="#800000">I am transitioning now and I wonder which of your products would be best for someone trying to go natural?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">It is a good idea to transition with a gentle product such as our Kemi-Oyl, pomade or conditioning spray and these can be used on a daily basis.</font></font>

What is the conditioning spray?</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Kemi-Oyl Conditioning Spray is an excellent instant moisturizing, conditioning spray that makes the hair come alive. It can be used on either wet or dry hair. Conditioning Spray is excellent for both chemically treated hair or natural styles. It conditions all textures of hair and is non-greasy.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">My daughter is 7-years old and has fine hair, but it is very dense. It stays very dry as most AA natural hair does. Which of your products should I concentrate on using? (By the way, I have almost all of them!)</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">She can use our Kemi bodi system along with our Kemi-Oyl and shea butter pomade. Our Bodi systme consists of shampoo and conditioner and is specifically designed for baby fine hair that's either oily or dry.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">ngaa
<font color="#800000">i'm having a little trouble wit my hairline at the moment and was wondering if u have any stimulating essential oils that can help my hairline to thicken up a little</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Are you in braids or locs?</font></font>

<font color="#800000">braids at the moment</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">The hair line problem might be because of too much tension. Loosen up on the tension and use our Kemi-Oyl and we are formulated a gel that will stimulate hair growth. This should be available in a few short weeks.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">does it make a difference?</font></font>

<font color="#800000">if in braids/locs</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">It depends on the tension of the hair</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">tracyannette
<font color="#800000">is the 100% shea butter good for the hair or just the body. I use the shea butter pomade for my twists, but I saw this and wondered how is could be used</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">The 100% is excellent for both hair and body</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">tracyannette
<font color="#800000">thanks</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">HybridAngel
<font color="#800000">Would you suggest using Kemi-Oyl on the hair, scalp, or both?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Use the Kemi-Oyl on both the hair and scalp.</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">But use the Kemi-Oyl lightly</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Lightly on the scalp</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Great! I had been doing that, but I wanted to be sure. Thanks!</font></font>

<font color="#800000">What is the Pro-cidic rinse and how should it be used?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Pro-Cidic can be used on wet or dry hair. Pro-Cidic is a thermal styling tool that corrects Ph-Balance in the hair and scalp. It&amp;#8217;s excellent for blow drying. Pro-Cidic also stops burning during Chemical Services</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Kemi Pro-Cidic is also used for reviving an old curly perm or permanent wave as well.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">atate
<font color="#800000">Where can most of your products be purchased?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Our prodcuts can be purchased in beauty supply stores nation wide and major retail stores too. Our website is an excellent place to purchase because we offer our complete line. Many stores only carry the Kemi-Oyl.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">vevster
<font color="#800000">Hi, does Kemilabs have any new products in development?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">We are always in the process of formulating new exciting products. We are in the process of reforumulating our entire line with new technology and formulating with shea butter.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">beverly
<font color="#800000">why is the Pro-Cidic rinse good for blowdrying?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Pro-Cidic is good for blowdrying because it is a natual thermal barrier and detangler. So there is no resistance on the hair so the heat does not create hot spots.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">CurlyCrly
<font color="#800000">I am interested in the Kurl lotion. How heavy is this product?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Kurl lotion is very light and is excellent for curly perms.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">do u have any stores in uk or europe that carry any of yo products??</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">We have distributor in the UK named Osiris and he is located in London. I will post is phone number after the chat.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Is the kemioyl going to be reformulated w/ shea butter also?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">The Kemi-Oyl will not be re formulated, but we will be coming out with other versions of Kemi-Oyl soon.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">How is the Bodi system different from the Moyst system?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">The Bodi system is for baby fine, dry or oily hair and is multicultural and the moyst system is for normal to dry hair.</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Our product is different based on the way we formulate.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Will the shea butter you'll be using be shea butter with the stearin left in it or will it be shea oil (fractionated)? Will you be reformulating the Kurl lotion?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Our shea butter is 100% pure shea butter with all of its natural contents.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Please tell us about the other versions of Kemi-oyl!</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">We are not ready to discuss other versions of Kemi-Oyl at the present time until we bring the product out.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Understood
smile.gif
thanks for the reply!</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">pebbles
<font color="#800000">I wash my hair frequently and I've noticed that you make a shampoo for frequent use. Can you tell me a bit about it?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Our shampoos are geared to be used everyday if possible particularly for AA hair because it does not strip and of the vital nutrients but it enhances the quality of the hair.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Thanks.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Are there any ingredients in Kemi-Oyl that promote hair growth? A yes or no is fine, as I understand the actual ingredients are proprietary.</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Yes the Kemi-Oyl does promote hair growth.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Excellent! Thank you!</font></font>

<font color="#800000">What is the main foaming ingredient in Kemilabs shampoos?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">To answer the shampoo questions it is a plant derived foaming agent, we use no SLS etc........</font></font>

<font color="#800000">That is the answer I was looking for(re: foaming ingreds), thanks!</font></font>

<font color="#800000">How are the Pro-gel plus and creme press used for loc/twist maintenance?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">The gel and press are simply used straight from the jar as long as the directions are followed properly. and used according to the texture of the hair.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">There are few Kemi oil Competitors. How is your product different than their products</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">JenJen2721
<font color="#800000">Can you elaborate on a previous question regarding why your products are better than your competition? How is the way you formulate your products superior to other companies?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">We use natural products and that seperates us from the competition. we do not use harmful products like quats, petroleum, no synthetics, etc...... we formulate most of our ingredients and they are proprietory to us.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">JenJen2721
<font color="#800000">Thank you.</font></font>

Just to let everyone know, the chat will end in the next 5 minutes</font>

<font color="#800000">Does the Pro-Gel contain alcohol?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">There is no alcohol in the gel.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Thanks</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Dandy112
<font color="#800000">Should the Kemi Oyl conditioning spray be used on wet or dry hair? Is it supposed to be kind of cloudy looking?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">Wet or dry . It is a natural product and sometimes the look will change.</font></font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">Dandy112
<font color="#800000">okay thank you..:)</font></font>

<font color="#800000">How long would you say that a bottle of Kemi-Oyl can last without going "bad"? Or, does it ever?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">We have know shelf life for two or three years. But natural products may very based on external factors.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Thank you! I tend to buy several bottles at a time, so I wanted to be sure.</font></font>

OK Girls. Last question please.</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Please look at our website for new products information and news on our educational center and retail store opening soon. www.kemilabs.com.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">Are any of your products infused with vitamins? Like Vitamin E, fatty acids, etc?</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">All of our products have the natural content of fatty acids, vitamins, minerals and natural proteins. We formulate from an organic not inorganic process.</font></font>

<font color="#800000">pliz dont forget to post the number for osiris coz i'm interested in the conditionin oyl</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">011 44 208 807 7729</font></font>

<font color="#0000FF">That is the number for our London based distributor his name is Bill March</font></font>

thank you Kemilabs!</font>

thank u very much</font>

Thanks!</font>

On behalf of Long Hair Care Forum LLC I would like to thank Kemi Laboratories for this wonderful chat</font>

And a special thank you to the girls that participated.</font>

A transcript of this chat will be posted on the Long Hair Care Forum discussion board</font>

Thanks everyone. It was great!!
smile.gif
</font>

Thank you! And thanks, Kemi Laboratories for this wonderful opportunity!</font>

The next chat is next month</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Thank you everyone we look forward to the next one.</font></font>

(I think)</font>

There is more to Kemilabs than just the OYL!</font>

<font face="Tahoma" size="2">tekmommie
That is good to hear...I luv the oil</font>

Ladies, we will state the time zone next chat -- our apologies..</font>

Thank you LHCF</font>

You are welcome</font>

The chat session has finished. Thanks to all the ladies that participated and of course Kemi Laboratories</font>

<font color="#0000FF">Thanks again and look forward to the next one!!!!</font></font><hr/>

Nikos
user.gif

i was quite surprised that the kemi labs representative was a man coz he knew so much about hair eg sls, peteroleums tension on hair coz its nice to kno that they research these sort of things to make sure that their products are as gentle as possible

Thanks for the transcript. I already use the Shea Butter Pomade for my twists and it's excellent. I'm ready to buy the whole line.
clap.gif

Thanks for posting that Nikos, I never had any home internet access until today so I couldn't hang around in the cafe for another 5 hours for the chat. Thanks for posting it. I'm impressesd he knew a lot about hair and how his products worked. Now that's what you want from a company
smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the transcript. I checked in around 3:45. I guess the chat was over... My firewall (ZoneAlarm) was giving me some problems, too...
confused.gif

Thank you so much for posting the transcript. I must say, you ladies asked some excellent questions.

Candycane

I just visited Kemi's website. Their prices are incredible! I like the fact that they use natural ingredients and don't charge you an arm and a leg. I will definitely be trying their products in the near future.

Thanks!

Great Chat.Sounded very informative. Thanks to everyone who helped put this together. I'm going out to try some Kemi now!!

Re: Transcript of chat with Kemi Laboratories (6/5

Thanks for the transcript, Nikos!! What an excellent chat.

thanks - I missed the chat but look forward to the next.

I thank you too for the transcript. The questions and answers were pretty informative. It also sounds like they've got some good stuff... think I'll go check out their online store now
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I thank you too for the transcript. The questions and answers were pretty informative. It also sounds like they've got some good stuff... think I'll go check out their online store now
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i will most definitely purchase the sheabutter pomade
smile.gif

Is it confirmed that the Kemi Oyl does not contain mineral or petro? I know he did not say what was in it but I hope somone can confirm what is NOT in it.

I tried the sheabutter pomade and actually have a pic (my wk 10 of touch up pic) of my having used it a little after wash and on wet hair. the next pic is the morning after if anyone is interested. I think I'm gonna drag it out and try it again.

Has anyone used the moyst system? And if so can you post the ingredients.

I use Aubrey, but the Kemi line is less expensive, way less. I don't know if I want to switch products, but right now I'm just curious.

Thanks

Back