Tracy and other hair color experts...

Lovelylocs

I need some advive. I found a hair color that i really like, but it is permanent. I only want to do a semi-permanent. The color is called Dark Golden Brown and it is by Garnier Nutrisse.(To see what the color looks like, visit www.garnierusa.com) Do you know of a semi-permanent color that will give me the same results? My hair is very dark brown and relaxed. Also, will this give me a lot of shine? or should i go over it with a rinse? TIA

In my experience no, rinses only coat the hair. You have to be in lighting to even see a hint of the color. The only rinses that really show are red/burgandy.

usually trying to lighten without using a high lift beach to remove the dark color from your hair will only result in an orangy red.
I went to that link for Garnier, but it is way too detailed and complicated, so I never saw the color you are looking at, however I do believe it is one of the many
laugh.gif
colors my hair has been, and that is just too many levels of change without having to double process.

I concur - with both ladies.
smile.gif

You may be able to get a golden brown look in the sun and during daylight by doing a reddish gold rinse - but this is only true if your hair is a medium to light brown color naturally. Base colors make all the difference when it comes to rinses.

You might be able to get a dark golden brown color by using a demi-permanent color as well. You could try Clairol Natural Instincts Suede or some such - but again, it would be a toss up. Clairol Instincts does have some peroxide in it tho, so it will give you a little lift, whereas a rinse will give you none. You'll have to take care of it tho, because of the peroxide...

It won't have as much as permie color, but peroxide is peroxide...it's only a little, but it's enough to cause a little dryness if you're not careful.

Garnier may have a similar product as well, if you prefer that brand. Look for something that claims to rinse out in 28 shampoos. It usually won't, but it will brighten your color some.
smile.gif

Good Luck!

I also agree. To lighten you need a semi permanent (like Lorel Casting) with peroxide, and then use a rinse to bring out the color. These ladies are right about the peroxide and dryness especially if you relax. You have to keep it very moisturized.

The more often you use the semi permanent the lighter your hair will get. I don't recommend applying too often unless you are a natural. Because I am relaxed, I use the semi permanent once a year (usually in the summer) and the rinse whenever I want to.

Back