touch up at 10 weeks *PICS*

controlFreak

i got a touch up today after 10 weeks......i went to a new salon, it was very professional. They used distilled water to wash my hair!!!! It is run by orientals and they have some very interesting methods. They spent an hour detangling my hair before applying the relaxer. They also steamed my hair after they had relaxed. They also told me that my hair was breaking (which i already knew, as a result of stretching) and that i needed a trim! 2 things i don't like to hear...lol......Anyway, i updated my album with a few pics. they aren't very clear as im still using my bro's camera phone....i promise wen i get a digi cam il hook u all up wit something better!

Will you do anything different if you tend to stretch again since you experienced breakage? Did you let them trim your ends?

JenniferMD said:
Will you do anything different if you tend to stretch again since you experienced breakage? Did you let them trim your ends?

I don't plan to stretch EVER again. LOL, i lost too much hair.....if i ever do decide to stretch, il have to make regular trips to the salon coz im not very good at doing my own hair. I didn't let them trim....

controlFreak said:
I don't plan to stretch EVER again. LOL, i lost too much hair.....if i ever do decide to stretch, il have to make regular trips to the salon coz im not very good at doing my own hair. I didn't let them trim....

I totally understand :) Stretching isn't for everyone, but maybe it'll be easier the next time around. I wasn't always able to stretch either, but I had to train my hair to not expect a relaxer around week 8. Now I'm averaging 7 months in between relaxers.

I always give in to trims, but I watch them like a hawk and measure how much they want to take off :laugh:

JenniferMD said:
I totally understand :) Stretching isn't for everyone, but maybe it'll be easier the next time around. I wasn't always able to stretch either, but I had to train my hair to not expect a relaxer around week 8. Now I'm averaging 7 months in between relaxers.

I always give in to trims, but I watch them like a hawk and measure how much they want to take off :laugh:

7 MONTHS!!!!!!!!! u must have a forest of growth when u relax!

yeah i agree, it'll probably b easier next time round, but i cnt b bothered to deal with hair stress, lol. I trim my hair ever 4 months....since i didnt go to my regular salon, i wasnt afraid of being firm, coz no matter how rude i was, it doesnt matter, coz they never gonna see me again!

The way I trained my hair was by doing a little at a time. I was getting a touch up every 5 wks before the board. I first stretched to 8 wks and then 10 wks, 12 wks and now I am up to 16wks.

Very nice ! Your hair looks like mine.
Seems like they use interesting methods ! Is it the salon you mentioned in the hairsalon review board ?
I'm getting a touch up this thursday (IN THE SALON, no more self relaxing for me !! I have zero talent! lol), and I hope I won't see too much breakage. I don't think streching is for me either...unless I'm wearing braids.

_lovelyness said:
Very nice ! Your hair looks like mine.
Seems like they use interesting methods ! Is it the salon you mentioned in the hairsalon review board ?
I'm getting a touch up this thursday (IN THE SALON, no more self relaxing for me !! I have zero talent! lol), and I hope I won't see too much breakage. I don't think streching is for me either...unless I'm wearing braids.

yeah, its the guy who has won tons of awards...he is very good. Stretching defo is not for me either. My hair has benefited in length or health....it even costs me more £££ to stretch.....

brickhouse said:
The way I trained my hair was by doing a little at a time. I was getting a touch up every 5 wks before the board. I first stretched to 8 wks and then 10 wks, 12 wks and now I am up to 16wks.

Thats just it...how can anything you do to your hair externally...train hair that hasn't grown yet??

JenniferMd, how long will you have stretched by the time you relax? I will be six months in two weeks and would like to know how do you get the hair dresser to do your hair without underprocessing some areas.

I think my hair was trained by the products I use. It's werid but in the past my hair would feel different around 8 weeks (it would be dry, and my newgrowth wouldn't be managable) so I knew it was time to relax. Now, with different products 10 weeks feels like 1 week post relaxer. My hair doesn't feel dry and my newgrowth is soft and managable. I use to think my hair wasn't growing but it's that my hair is acting differently.

Whips-

Before getting a touchup I use water on my hair to show the difference between the relaxed and newgrowth areas to decrease the chances of underprocessing. But, my hair is texlaxed....portions of my hair just refuse to relax.

JenniferMD said:
Whips-

Before getting a touchup I use water on my hair to show the difference between the relaxed and newgrowth areas to decrease the chances of underprocessing. But, my hair is texlaxed....portions of my hair just refuse to relax.

Okay thanks! What relaxer do you use? Since you go so long between relaxers, I am theorizing that you hair has become thicker. I can't wait to see how far my hair has progressed. Thanks for answering my questions!

Back