Torn Between FHI HotSauce and Chi Silk Infusion for heat protection?

LittleLuxe

So I'm doing all it takes not to become a pj, cough cough :sekret:, er too much of a pj, which means I skulk around these boards trying to find the best of the best damn near 24/7. I've narrowed down my choice of heat protectants to these 2 items, both sound good in their own way but I'm still undecided.

For FHI Hotsauce

"We’ve mastered the technology of turning heat into a hair- health asset rather than a liability. This is what makes FHI Heat products the ultimate objects of desire in the hair care industry, whether backstage at a fashion show, or at an editorial photo shoot for a magazine, prepping the celeb in the stretch limo en route to the red carpet, or keeping clients gorgeous in the salon.
The most innovative way we use heat to keep hair healthy, glossy, supple and shiny: FHI HEAT HOT SAUCE. It’s our exclusive jojoba formula, which penetrates deeply into the hair follicle when used with thermal styling tools, deep-conditioning and repairing past damage.
Heat- activated jojoba crystals penetrate the follicle, leaving the hair shiny, soft and silky.
No surface residue because it’s not silicone-based
Use on damp hair and finish with any FHI Heat styling tool to protect against heat damage"

And the ingerediants:

Water, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Incroquat Behenyl, TMS, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Silk Amino Acids, Algae Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Rosemary Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Hydrozypropyl Guar, Jojoba Esters, DM Dm Hydantoin, Citric Acid, Fragrance, Contains Crystalized Jojoba.

And for Chi Silk Infusion:

"Chi Silk Infusion is specifically developed to work in conjuction with the CHI line. A rich leave in treatment enriched with pure silk along with wheat and soy proteins that will penetrate and help in strengthening the hair, while providing incredible softness, manageability and shine without build up
  • Enriched with pure silk along with wheat and soy proteins that will penetrate and help in hair strengthening
  • Provides incredible softness, manageability and shine without build up
  • Protects the hair against thermal styling
And the ingrediants

Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Panthenol, Ethyl Ester of Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Boron Nitride Powder."

You all know better than me, lol, which one should I be drooling over?

I want to try both of these too. The good news is neither one will break the bank. So my plan is to buy the one I see first. Then if I don't absolutely love it, try the next one when I run out. For me it will probably be chi first. I don't see fhi products in the mall salons as much as I do chi.

Well, I can only vote for CHI since I haven't used FHI. They both get good reviews on folica.com. If I decide to blow dry and flat iron, I use the CHI serum before flat ironing. It leaves my hair really soft and a little goes a long way.
I guess you can try searching for reviews on here; I'm sure there is plenty.

use both! I use a spray heat protectant and serum when I straighten....

Once I run out of my Nexxus I fully intend on trying FHI hot sauce... I already use Chi Silk infusion

Yeah I'm trying to round up my products before my next relaxer and get all the good stuff ahead of time, so far I've seen Chi in both Giant and the mall but I think I'll have to order FHI off the internet, lol, I tried to do a salon search to see if they sold it anywhere around me and no way I'm driving that many miles for a tube of hair product.

I love CHI it really leaves my hair silky feeling, probably one of the best serums i've tried...I would like to try FHI one day too...I'm sure you can't go wrong with either honestly...

I will never understand the rave about FHI's hot sauce... Last year my stylist gave me her bottle... She got it at a hair show and never noticed anything special about it so she wanted to get rid of it. I used it twice and it was ehh...

I've never used Chi's silk infusion but I have not heard one negative thing about it. If my memory is correct, hot sauce has a lot of mixed review. IMO, Chi's silk infusion is a sure thing.

I'm probably late but:
Well you could use both because FHI Hot Sauce is water based and Silk Infusion is not. Silk Infusion is great for shine since it's a serum...you could use a little bit ontop of heat protectant and/or Hot sauce. Or you can use the Silk Infusion after you've finished flat ironing for shine and some frizz control. The Hot Sauce is def. to be used before flat ironing since it's water based. It says it will "restore moisture to your hair" i guess to prep the hair to combat the heat from the blowdryer/flat iron.
Also, the CHI Silk Infusion looks like a serum whereas the Hot Sauce looks like a cream.

I have used and stand by chi silk infusion. I just read the ingrediants for the hot sauce one im a little scared of alcohols being so closed to the top of something that is a heat protectant. alcohol already dries out hair so added to the fact that your going to be using heated equipment ontop of it wouldnt that make it extra extra dry??? dunno, just me thinking.

anyway my vote... chi silk infusion

I remember a while back Mwedzi had posted the link to an old thread where from a scientific search the chi silk infusion came out as the best heat protectant because of the ingredients and the order it was in.

i like the results the chi gives but i hate the cologne smell however a lot of other ladies like it i just prefer not using anything masculine smelling.

i havent tried the fhi so i couldnt tell u much about that

I've never used FHI Hot Sauce but I finally tried Chi Silk Infusion on my hair before blow drying (I'm a straightened flat iron) and I like it. I'm not sure it does anything my previous heat protectant doesn't although I like the smell and my hair was slight softer when after it was flat ironed. It wasn't exactly cheap so I'll keep using it until it's gone and then go back to my previous heat protectant.

I have used and stand by chi silk infusion. I just read the ingrediants for the hot sauce one im a little scared of alcohols being so closed to the top of something that is a heat protectant. alcohol already dries out hair so added to the fact that your going to be using heated equipment ontop of it wouldnt that make it extra extra dry??? dunno, just me thinking.

anyway my vote... chi silk infusion

Nothing to add except that the alcohols listed in FHI are fatty alcohols. They're not like ethyl alcohol (the drying one). Fatty alcohols are the main ingredients in our beloved conditioners.

Well, I consider FHI a leave-in condish and CHI a serum, so I use both :look:. Hey, I rationalize my PJism any way I can :grin:.

Back