Top 10 Reasons you know you are Obsessed

senimoni

Feel free to add more.

1) People tell you they don't want to hear about how you moisturized your hair today or how soft it feels.

2) You seriously contemplate throwing away certain clothes b/c they pull on your hair.

3) You browse Fotki, and know everyone's password by heart.

4) You count the hairs in your brush.....on your pillow....etc.

5) When you find those hairs you spend minutes examining it to see if it is broken, split, or the whole shaft.

6) In order to protect your hair you sleep in a satin wrap, satin scarf, satin bonnet AND sleep on a satin pillowcase.

7) When you get to work you check LHCF.......Before you leave work you check LFCF.......and when you get home you check it One more time.

8) Instead of thinking about what you are going to have for dinner tonight you think about what combo of products you are going to put in your hair.

...... :D

6) In order to protect your hair you sleep in a satin wrap, satin scarf, satin bonnet AND sleep on a satin pillowcase.

you have to add to this that even with all that if for some reason you feel that something has shifted in the middle of the night you will sit up in the middle of the bed to readjust to realize in the morning that you were still sleep when you did it.

calbear said:

you have to add to this that even with all that if for some reason you feel that something has shifted in the middle of the night you will sit up in the middle of the bed to readjust to realize in the morning that you were still sleep when you did it.

OMG that is so true....I wake up at least twice a night anyway.....but now the first thing I do is check my head :-)

10. You have a hair journal
9. You schedule your hair conditioner treatments in your day planner
8. You sneak and look at this site while you are at work
7. You buy have 13 hair products that you must use very shampoo, in comparison to your roomie who has two. ( pink oil moisturizer and brown hair gel)
6. You investigate read and research about hair care
5. You search ebay for more hair care products.
4. Friends and relatives call you for hair advise.
3. You are thinking about writing a pamplet/book/website about haircare and specifically your hair
2. You save money to buy hair products.
1. You consider retail therapy a trip to that new BSS
You use a whole roll of film taking pictures of your hair.

Last edited:
karezone said:

LOL

1.You sister calls you from another state to find out what products she should buy...

2.Your sisters friends, whom you havent met, call from another state to find out what products they should buy...

3.You walk up to total strangers and ask them what they use in their hair...

4.You have to make sure you dont insult folx as they compliment your hair by pointing out all the flaws and damaged ends and you have to restrain yourself and make sure you dont scare them when they see the crazed look of excitment in your eyes when you talk about hair related stuff...

5.You have to restain yourself from giving people conditioner when you see their hair is bady damaged or broken...

6.You are willing to skip lunch to buy a hair product...

7.You conditioner wash your hair 5-7 times over a two day period so you can see how your hair dries with products used individually...

8.When you read about other peoples obsessive behaviors you dont see anything wrong with them, in fact you expound upon them and even incorporate their ideas into your own madness...

9.You idea of window shopping is browsing the hair sites...

10. You've spent more money on hair products in the last 6 months than on clothes and personal entertainment...Hair IS entertainment!!!

karezone said:
10. You have a hair journal
8. You sneak and look at this site while you are at work
7. You buy have 13 hair products that you must use very shampoo, in comparison to your roomie who has two. ( pink oil moisturizer and brown hair gel)
6. You investigate read and research about hair care
5. You search ebay for more hair care products.
4. Friends and relatives call you for hair advise.
3. You are thinking about writing a pamplet/book/website about haircare and specifically your hair
2. You save money to buy hair products.
1. You consider retail therapy a trip to that new BSS
You use a whole roll of film taking pictures of your hair.

Ha ha, I can relate mostly to this list!

Enchantmt said:
8.When you read about other peoples obsessive behaviors you dont see anything wrong with them, in fact you expound upon them and even incorporate their ideas into your own madness...

:lachen: sad...but true

senimoni, I can relate to a few of those you mentioned, esp. #1, #3 & #8.

Also...

You think about your hair throughout the day as if it was your significant other

You rather have a wash day on the weekend than go out with your friends

When you go to any store, you cannot leave without going down the hair care aisle

When you do a lot of research about hair on LHCF, the Internet, and hair magazines

Everywhere you go, you look at everyone's hair and examine it like an inspector

You think about how you cannot wait to do your hair again

You dream (whether it's during the day or at night) about how long your hair will be in the future

Last edited:
You didn't even realised you were obsessed with you hair - until your cousin points it out to you

A friend asks if you would like to go for a drink for the evening but you turn her down because you would rather go home and wash your hair - tonight is hair wash night

You live in London and order a t-shirt to be shipped over to you from America that has inches on the back so you know EXACTLY how much your hair has grown

Last edited:
Poohbear said:
senimoni, I can relate to a few of those you mentioned, esp. #1, #3 & #8.

Also...

You think about your hair throughout the day as if it was your significant other

You rather have a wash day on the weekend than go out with your friends

When you go to any store, you cannot leave without going down the hair care aisle

When you do a lot of research about hair on LHCF, the Internet, and hair magazines

Everywhere you go, you look at everyone's hair and examine it like an inspector

You think about how you cannot wait to do your hair again

You dream (whether it's during the day or at night) about how long your hair will be in the future

LOL I wasn't going to admit to the one about preferring to wash your hair...
and I especially agree with the last. But I am guilty of having a let down. I get so pumped up about things.....then fear creeps in. What if.....it doesn't grow long...but thats another thread.

You have read every page of the hair care tips and product review discussion section of lhcf

maybe I'm the only one that has done that :lol:

Last edited:
*you hide your hair products in the trunk of your car so your husband doesnt see them :wasntme:

*you deal with smelly products just because you know it is good for your hair

You constantly check your hair in the mirror at work AND at home!!! I can't stop doing this.

• You fall asleep on the sofa while watching tv and hope you won't have breakage since you didn't tie your head.
  • You can't pass a beauty supply store without wondering if you need anything.
  • You wish you had a laptop to double check LHCF before making purchases. (Hmmm, the laptop should fit well on that shelf in the shopping cart.)
  • You're haunted by LHCF recommendations while shopping for your own favorite products. (ex. "Get Affirm, Try NTM,"). In extreme cases, you might even hear voices. :lol:

When you look in the mirror, you look at the front to see if you look okay, THEN you turn to the side to see how long your hair is and how far away you are from your goal length and how your ends look and if your hair looks dry and if your roots look longer and .....

You spend ALL day and night on LHCF looking for tips and new products :sekret:

This is outta control yet so very true!!!

For the consistent vitamin takers, I would say you don't feel right if you forget to take your vitamins which is why I keep a pill pack in my purse in case I forget while I'm at the house.

1) Your entire eating schedule and diet has been developed around your hair vitamin and water regimen.

2) You have gotten so good with your regimen and product knowledge that you can plan 7-14 days in advance which protective styles and treatments to use when based on your social calendar. "Since I have the event next Sunday night, I'll co-wash and baggie Mon-Thurs, Clarify and deep cond. on Sat. and roller set for Sun"

3) You keep a log of everything you do to your hair on a daily basis.

4) Folks only see your hair down once a month now because you are on all kinds of bun/baggie/protective challenges

5) You had to clear out room in your linen closet for all your new hair treatments or buy a chest for all the products.

6) You bought a tourmaline flat iron from Folica.com for in excess of $100 because LHCF said so when you have never spent more than $20 for a curling iron or blowdryer ever in your life. (and you are happy with it!)

7) Your blowdryer has cobwebs on it. **yay!**

8) Folks think you are being lazy because you are constantly "bunning it", but little do they know you are on a MISSION.

9) You shower more now than you ever have before because you are always rinsing something in or out of your hair.

10) You paid $11 for a wide-tooth comb because it was "seamless".

When your husband directly asks, "Are you OBSESSED with your hair now?"

(it happened yesterday...<sigh>)

Confession:
I'm guilty of most of the Top 10s

:eek:
AT

1. Instead of getting ready for your date you're on LHCF typing the Top 10
reasons...lol
2. You speak to your male coworkers about you hair and ignore the look
of "who care" on their faces, while you keep rambling on.
3. You can hear a coworker mention the word hair without you jumping into
the conversation.
4. You write down ever product mentioned on LHCF so you can check it out
later.
5. You stalk complete strangers on the street so you can get a better look at
their hair and then you try to figure out there hair type.
6. You see someone with similar hair to someone on LHCF and you follow
them just to get a look at their face to make sure. (i swear the girl's hair
look exactly like Model_chick until i saw her face...lol)
7. You're on you date and start a conversation about hair.
8. You're on LHCF so often that you start thinking everyone looks like the stars on their Avatar (the female ones of course) until you view their album.

Last edited:
You know u have a problem when your man starts talking about his female coworkers hair. The other day he said that someones hair was at bra strap. (I felt very guilty and ashamed cos he didnt ask for this poor thing)

You are obsessed when you are in class and reading lhcf on the wireless network and only look up if someone mention hair.
*wait what was that you said*

Oh boy. Confession time.

When you put up another mirror across from your medicine cabinet. Why, so that you can face the medicine cabinet and open it's door to the proper angle to see the back of your hair without moving. You can also get a great 360 view of your hair doing this. :grin: :grin: :grin:

fletgee said:
When you put up another mirror across from your medicine cabinet. Why, so that you can face the medicine cabinet and open it's door to the proper angle to see the back of your hair without moving. You can also get a great 360 view of your hair doing this. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I do this.. regularly... when I am just combing, making my bun, checking for splits, dusting, yada yada..

How about... when you keep a little spray bottle of your oil/conditioner mixture in your car/purse/desk for those moments when your tresses seem dry?

When you buy combs and conditioners for friends and relatives as gifts.. any chance to spread the word :)

Back