Too much protein or not enough?

Sepia_Rose

I'm having some breakage issues again and I don't know why. The only time my hair ever broke this much is when I over did it with the protein and when it was severely dehydrated. I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a week and that's been working great but I've noticed more breakage than usual this week. My hair is fine and is prone to breakage anyway but I've had my regimen down for almost a last year now. Wash and DC once a week, cowash and protein treatment once a week, moisturize and MT every other day. (just to the scalp) I'm really hoping it's not the MT because I've been using it for over a month and I have seen growth with it but I guess growth don't matter if it's breaking off. :ohwell: Any of you ladies had any breakage with MT? Does this sound like too much protein? And if it is why did it just start when I've been using MT for over a month? Any help is appreciated ladies, thanks!

I'm having some breakage issues again and I don't know why. The only time my hair ever broke this much is when I over did it with the protein and when it was severely dehydrated. I use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a week and that's been working great but I've noticed more breakage than usual this week. My hair is fine and is prone to breakage anyway but I've had my regimen down for almost a last year now. Wash and DC once a week, cowash and protein treatment once a week, moisturize and MT every other day. (just to the scalp) I'm really hoping it's not the MT because I've been using it for over a month and I have seen growth with it but I guess growth don't matter if it's breaking off. :ohwell: Any of you ladies had any breakage with MT? Does this sound like too much protein? And if it is why did it just start when I've been using MT for over a month? Any help is appreciated ladies, thanks!
I would probably do the reconstructor every two weeks to three weeks.

Yes it may be overload since your using the MT now. Go to maybe like every 2 weeks or something now and see if that helps.

if your hair is breaking while your using protein and its not correcting it then the protein is probably the culprit, the only answer is to cut out using all protein and increase your moisture balance back :yep:

arent you supposed to cut out other protein when using MT? I'm thinking once a week may be too much and its just plain overload while using MT to boot!

oh and your hair can change, like tolerate protein for so long then change because its after an amount of time become saturated with it-thats my thinking anyway-so one month might have been the time it reacted well because it needed it-now it might need a change

Back