Today I was reminded to keep my hair up.....

Energee

Wore a nice cashmere and wool blend sweater vest over my shirt today and wore my hair down. I usually don't wear my hair down but it was looking so nice from my last wash where I did the coconut pre-poo treatment. It's so soft and just bouncing and swinging all over the place. Anyway, I wore it down ran out to pick up a few things earlier and came back home..went to the bathroom. At that time the doorbell rang....it was FedEx delivering some papers for me....I hurried, washed hands, checked myself in the mirror, ran fingers through my hair and a when I got to the ends on one side in back...there was a little 'wad' (very tiny amount) of hair that had apparently gotten tangled and broken off into a ball on my sweater!:wallbash: Even though it was so tiny...it made me realize the importance of keeping my hair up in protective styles..especially when wearing a sweater:yep:. After I retrieved my package from the FedEx lady I just clipped it up with my bear claw.

I'm so happy I pay attention to my hair now because before I would not have cared less about that little ball of hair and would have kept wearing my hair down! I love LHCF for that!

I had a similar experience the last time I wore my hair down. I could hear strands snapping and pulling like crazy! I though it was all in my head until I ran a comb through and sure enough I had a nice little collection of broken hairs on the sink. It immediately went up in a claw clip after that. I also noticed how ratty and snarled my wigs get in the back where they touch my clothes and wondered if clothing is doing all this to my wig, what will it do to my real hair? :perplexed

I have learned to keep a clip and some jumbo hair pins in my purse, car, and desk drawer! Wearing a sweater the other day made me seriously think about doing my own personal HYH challenge until April! Actually, I think I will...

That is why I have been enjoying wearing my hair down now while I can.

When it gets cold the sweaters just tear my hair up! :nono:

Just last night I was practicing my updos so I can get ready.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I'm hip to ole' man winter now. About three or four months ago I finally recovered from what I didn't realize was breakage from last year's cold and drying winter air, and wearing my hair down. I had to first stop the breakage, then lightly dust my ends often until they were all even.

I have already started wearing my hair pinned up to hide the ends. I read in an article somewhere that this is how you can get past shoulder length. Once you're past, it's not as difficult to keep those ends.

Be mindful ladies not to pin your hair up too tight or in the same spots all the time, or that too will cause breakage in that same area.

Here's to beating winter at its game!

Back