Today I took up for my hair (no more trying to be miss pc)

Keep1Belle

So, in the fall/winter I typically wear my hair straight most of the week until it becomes to frizzy/nappy then i just wash and go until its time to straighten again.

Saturday is my wash day, I have been doing wash and go buns since Wednesday. Anyway, Im tired from house chores, etc so I go to haircuttery to have them do it. Its typically $30 - 35, takes bout 1 hour and they do a good job.

so today they say its $35, there is a sign that their prices have changed, etc. so Im ok with that. Then when I sit down the girl is like oh your hair is longer than your shoulder so it will be $45. apparently there is a long hair charge too. the thing is my hair's longest layer is just at the shoulder but, whatever im too lazy.

Girl washes, hair ok, a little light but whatever. Then she blowdires. I like that she didnt use hi heat and had a light touch but she DIDN'T use ANY type of moisturizer, heat protectant, etc.

No worries...she goes to flat iron and I realize she still hasnt put ANYTHING in my hair. I look at her station and see no products. Mayb e she's just uber clean and keeps them in a drawer, everyone else's were out.

So as she goes to flat iron the first sectuon its getting straight but not really curling because it has no hold, with no product in it. not to mention its drying out my hair!!!!

So I tell her she will need to put some type of heat protect, serum, etc in my hair. She suggested Mizani oilsheen (I think thats all she had) :blush:

I was like NO that will just burn off. So she asks a girl who said that all her products were hers and not the shop so she really didnt want to share, which is fair. Then another girl said well I have something and pulled out proclaim shine, I think. I was like nope thats a glosser/finisher. My hair is DRY I need MOISTURE...then she says she thinks she has some Paul Mitchell skinny serum in back I was like that will do, but she comes out with PM shine drops nope again its a finisher.:wallbash:

I told her to forget about it. :nono:just give me a pony tail holder and I would flat iron my hair myself (which I was trying to avoid) at Home!!! So instead I would up paying $25 (15 for wash blowdry, 10 for long hair charge) UGHHH!!!

I am proud of myself though for getting up out that chair! too many times I have just sat and suffered in silence while praying to Gd that no serious damage was done and still leaving a tip. I did give her a $5 tip though, I shouldnt have, but I had cash and didnt feel like waiting for change...:rolleyes:

I don't know why they had you paying the long hair charge if you're just shoulder length. That's ridiculous. I wouldn't have paid that.

But, good job getting out of the chair. At least now you won't have damage from flat ironing with no protectant.

Wow that's crazy. Why is she even doing hair if she can't afford her own products. Glad you left before further damage occured.

you did the right thing i wished i had the courage to hop out of some chairs and that is ridiculous because should to armpit length should fall in the medium range which is average so there was no need for them to be charging u extra for long hair unless they deal with only hair that is nl regularly which i doubt but what would they charge for wl then 75 for really really long hair they are stealing

That was really good of you, lets hope this girl that calls herself a hairdresser learns a thing or two from you.

I haven't been to the salon for a year now and im dreading the day i step into one because i just hope they know how to take care of my hair.

We have a right to speak up if we aren't getting the service they should be providing. I'll remember you if the stylist does not do my hair right.

Thank God you did that! It wouldn't have been a positive post if you had let her!
Wow she didn't have anything. How annoying.

So, in the fall/winter I typically wear my hair straight most of the week until it becomes to frizzy/nappy then i just wash and go until its time to straighten again.

Saturday is my wash day, I have been doing wash and go buns since Wednesday. Anyway, Im tired from house chores, etc so I go to haircuttery to have them do it. Its typically $30 - 35, takes bout 1 hour and they do a good job.

so today they say its $35, there is a sign that their prices have changed, etc. so Im ok with that. Then when I sit down the girl is like oh your hair is longer than your shoulder so it will be $45. apparently there is a long hair charge too. the thing is my hair's longest layer is just at the shoulder but, whatever im too lazy.

Girl washes, hair ok, a little light but whatever. Then she blowdires. I like that she didnt use hi heat and had a light touch but she DIDN'T use ANY type of moisturizer, heat protectant, etc.

No worries...she goes to flat iron and I realize she still hasnt put ANYTHING in my hair. I look at her station and see no products. Mayb e she's just uber clean and keeps them in a drawer, everyone else's were out.

So as she goes to flat iron the first sectuon its getting straight but not really curling because it has no hold, with no product in it. not to mention its drying out my hair!!!!

So I tell her she will need to put some type of heat protect, serum, etc in my hair. She suggested Mizani oilsheen (I think thats all she had) :blush:

I was like NO that will just burn off. So she asks a girl who said that all her products were hers and not the shop so she really didnt want to share, which is fair. Then another girl said well I have something and pulled out proclaim shine, I think. I was like nope thats a glosser/finisher. My hair is DRY I need MOISTURE...then she says she thinks she has some Paul Mitchell skinny serum in back I was like that will do, but she comes out with PM shine drops nope again its a finisher.:wallbash:

I told her to forget about it. :nono:just give me a pony tail holder and I would flat iron my hair myself (which I was trying to avoid) at Home!!! So instead I would up paying $25 (15 for wash blowdry, 10 for long hair charge) UGHHH!!!

I am proud of myself though for getting up out that chair! too many times I have just sat and suffered in silence while praying to Gd that no serious damage was done and still leaving a tip. I did give her a $5 tip though, I shouldnt have, but I had cash and didnt feel like waiting for change...:rolleyes:

Yes, girl. I have done the same thing. I let one of my acquaintances flat irion my hair and I swear, she left my hair on the iron for atleast 30 seconds at a time.:wallbash:

I should've said something but I didn't because I didn't want to "offend" her. But it's my hair right? Time out for the pc crap...it'll make you go crazy.

She had no products? That's strange. Long Hair charge for SL? I wonder what the charge would be for APL?? I'm glad you left.

Any Dom salons in your area? Everyone who goes to Dom salons have really long hair. My hair is just about SL & a good roller-set is $35.

I see some ladies with WL hair getting a flat-iron and they only charge $10 extra for them with WL.

Oh, I just saw that you are in Maryland, so yeah there are definitely Dom salons. But, I guess you usually do your hair at home.

Im glad you got up and left because thats ridiculous. Ive never heard of a stylist that doesnt have ANY products! And I wonder how she felt with you telling her she's picking the wrong products. You shouldve told her you'd come back with your own products but you want a discount lol

Yeah, that's a new thing here in Atlanta, too! They are charging $10 per inch past the shoulder at some salons. :blush:

Good for you for leaving ! she prolly felt like a box of rocks when u were telling her how to moisturise ur hair...

Good for you. Glad so see more ppl speaking up about their hair.
applause.gif

Back