To Those Who Wear Braidouts - How Do You Secure the Ends of Your Braids?

Isis

I was asked recently by one of the ladies here what I use to secure the ends of my braids for braidouts. I replied that I don't use anything, I pin them up with Good Hair Days pins (to sleep or make an updo style out of it). However, I thought it was a good question. A few months ago, I read on another hair board that using satin thread to tie the ends of braids works and is safe. What about you? What do you ladies use to secure the ends of your braids?:)

I use hair small barrettes. You know the kind that your mother use to put on the ends of the hair after it was braided. It keeps the ends from unraveling. You can get a very large package at the asian bss for a buck.

Interesting posts ladies!

I also read somewhere that fabric covered pipe cleaners can be safely used to secure the ends of braids, namely the chenille covered ones. They can be purchased at a art/hobby store like Michael's and then cut to size.

I use small rollers at the end and then pin them to the top of my head so that the ends can dry faster under the dryer.

Back