to those that wear sew ins

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Hey yall! :wave: I want to do a summer proram at my school when I return from france and when I get there, I wanna get something done to my hair tha twill last for 6 weeks. I will likely chop off one or two inches of relaxer and was thinking.....should I get a sew in? how long do those last? I would probably try to get me some Hot Stuff Fusion or something similar to that. At the end of the six weeks, I would likely get those taken out and then get some individual braids put in to wear for the rest of the summer til regular school starts. Anyone have pics of their sew ins and can tell me how you like it and how easy was it to take them down?

sure a sew-in can last 6 weeks. you want to be sure to use quality hair though, or it may tangle up and matt before the time is up and it'll be hell to keep it in your head.

Okay. how are they done exactly anyway? is your real hair cornrowed and then tracks of weave is sewed onto the cornrow? how long does it take usually? yall have some recs for some good hair (prefer synthetic) to use for sew in?

PittGirl06 said:
Okay. how are they done exactly anyway? is your real hair cornrowed and then tracks of weave is sewed onto the cornrow? how long does it take usually? yall have some recs for some good hair (prefer synthetic) to use for sew in?
your hair is cornrowed up...either vertically, horizontally or in a beehive pattern...than they sew the tracks onto the cornrows...it usually takes around an 1-2 hours depending on who does it...how long your hair is(it might take longer to cornrow...if you want to make it last for 6 weeks i would get human hair because with synthetic hair you will not be able to wash it so you would not be able to wash your own hair....

indianhairs.com has some reasonable prices for indian remi hair....

yea girl also make sure you are not pulling too hard on the hair...because this could cause the thread to knot up with your hair and the weave...and when you are taking out your hair this could be a problem.
This happened to me like 10 min ago...*im taking my weave out now* and i had this big ol' knot at the front of my head...i had some breakage :( but it wasnt too bad...

Back