to those that wear fros?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
To those of y'all thar wear afros, how do you sleep? Do you just tie your hair down like normal and them pick out your fro in the morning? What's the deal? Just asking because I am currently sporting a fro and will probably wear it for about a week or so untill I can get my hair done.

PittGirl06 said:
To those of y'all thar wear afros, how do you sleep? Do you just tie your hair down like normal and them pick out your fro in the morning? What's the deal? Just asking because I am currently sporting a fro and will probably wear it for about a week or so untill I can get my hair done.

I tie my hair down with a scarve. I usually do conditioner washes in the morning to freshen it. This past week I have been just spraying my hair with water and adding my ic gel.

to avoid mad tangling...u may wanna try putting it in fat twists or plaits at nite...juss putting on a scarf doesnt help me...it juss mats the tangles...

when you twist it up do you twist it after putting product sin your hair or do you trist it dry?

i find its best for my hair not to heap on products....

if u put on products at nite...do it lightly..do not reapply when you wake up...juss greasier hair....probably not necessary..and the oilier ur hair is the more shrinkage...but on the other hand if u like a compacted fro....go for the extra moisturizer lol..

so if u have trouble with pliability...at nite...juss spritz with a lil bit of water and then twist up..the ends should curl on to themselves...

Wow Dbug. . .Your little one is gorgeous!!

When I wear my fro I either twist or braid at night or I spritz and cover with a satin, silk scarf. If I'm feeling lazy I just pop on a satin bonnet and moisten in the morning. I like my fro chunky, so I don't really worry about any disarray. With the right product (as simple as water if you like) you can perk your fro up.

What are you getting done to your hair?

p1

well i ended up putting about 7 or 8 big twists in my hair...I used Surge Ultra Max or whatever that stuff is...also sprayed the scalp with Plus 14 and also some MTG, though not a whole bunch. I then tied my hair down.....so I guess I will peep the results in the morning.

I am not sure what I will get done to my hair...probably 2 strand twists or something like that. Gonna get one of my classmates to do it for cheap.

Always tie it up at night and then either:

1. rinse in the morning, fingerstyle, pat, and go.
2. spritz with some moisurizer in the morning, pat/pull, fingerstyle and go.
3. About 6 large braids/twists (not neat at all) at night, unravel, fingerstyle... and go.

Man, I love the simplicity of it. :)

PittGirl06 said:
well i ended up putting about 7 or 8 big twists in my hair...I used Surge Ultra Max or whatever that stuff is...also sprayed the scalp with Plus 14 and also some MTG, though not a whole bunch. I then tied my hair down.....so I guess I will peep the results in the morning.

I am not sure what I will get done to my hair...probably 2 strand twists or something like that. Gonna get one of my classmates to do it for cheap.

ultra max is so good for adding shine/sheen to the naps...

i put this on my twists sometimes when they r looking dry after i spritz with a lil water...

:p hi...
i jus wear a bag over my head at night and tie it with a scarf...
in the mornin its soft and moist so its easy to style with my fingers... you may see my styles in my album :p
pw.styles

At nite i do my oiling of the scalp and the ends/pre-shampoo treatments- then place a thin, plastic cap over my head and a satin scarf over that.

In the a.m. i do a co-wash and then spritz with a mixture of glycerin/water/liquid aloe vera/eo(essential oil)

I wear a shrunken fro daily i never pick mine out.

I dont do anything with my fro..well i onky pick it out when i wash and condition it..after that i use my curly pudding b4 work and i am out the door..o yeah..at note i cover my hair with a satin bonnet, wich pretty much makes my hair stick to my head in the morning...so i just mist my head with some better braids spray to loosen it up..

Last edited:
Back