To The Lovely Ladies of LHCF

SueA2

Hello Ladies,
I am new to this forum and want to formally introduce myself. Also, I would like to thank you for your invaluable information pertaining to hair care. I thought I knew so much about hair prior to visiting LHCF but I had no idea. My hair length has always been a little past my collar bone, without much effort. My longest length was at bra strap in college. I wish I had all the info I do now.

It just occurred to me that my hair, although it's very thick, does not like heat. When I wash my hair, I loose little to no hair. However, when I use a blow dryer, a lot of my hair comes out. I'm looking at no-heat options of styling my relaxed hair. I will take any suggestions you may have. I am also going to include co-washes in my regimen; I think my hair likes it.

Thanks again for all your invaluable information.

PS. The only downside to LHCF is that I am spending way too much money on hair products. I am still trying to find the four or five products that are best for my hair's needs.

hey sue, welcome !!!!:grin: i'm sure some of the experts will be glad to offer lots of advice. i myself only started seeing progress with my hair when i cut down on the heat and Big chopped. Good luck with your hair journey!!!

:welcome: Hi, SueA2!!!

If you're looking for no-heat options, have you tried roller-setting? My relaxed hair comes out so much more silky and healthier-looking compared to blow-drying. :yep:

@Barbi83, I haven't roller set in over five years. I think I will start again. Do you sit under a dryer?

:welcome: Hi, SueA2!!!

If you're looking for no-heat options, have you tried roller-setting? My relaxed hair comes out so much more silky and healthier-looking compared to blow-drying. :yep:

Co-sign. My ends are so much smoother when I rollerset instead of blow dry and flat iron.

BTW... Welcome to the forum. :)

Hi Welcome to the board....

There are a few different no heat options you could try:

Twist outs
Braid outs
air dry bun
wet bunning
flexi rods

Back