To relax and weave or NOT to relax and weave! please help...

*~Mocha~*

Hey all,
Im kinda new... had a subscription about 3 yrs ago and was usually one the other side. My life has been busy and I kinda forgot about this site.Well Im back and off today and hope to come here more often.:grin:
Well when I first joined my hair was jacked up from the nape up! I had very, very , very bad hair stylist. The first 2 yrs of HS I had nice, healthy long hair. Then came junior prom and I had a glued in weave. I loved it so much and decided to keep gluing weave for a yr straight! I went to another hair dresser that told me glue is a huge NO NO if you want to keep your hair. She told me she was all about healthy hair and was going to restore my hair. I went to her for 2 yrs where she relaxed my damaged hair and sewed in weave very tightly that I was in pain for a week. I went to her for 2 yrs and my hair NEVER grew. There was one time I took the weave out and my hair kept falling out. Not shedding! falling out! There would be random times where I would get this itch in my scalp and the hair would just fall out after, even when I had the weave on. I hated my hair and felt my only option forever would be weaves. After 2 yrs of damage from the last stylist I googled how to take care of african american hair and I found this site. I learned about all the different regimes, products and overrall proper care for hair. I also learned that black peoples hair can grow! I always knew that but it seemed like if you didnt grow up with long hair it wont grow long. Well...back to the story... After I found the site I began getting my hair weave up with a NET! I did relax the top and edges. Prior to that I was bald on the sides and now not so much. My edges are thin but I feel they are not being rehabiliated enough because I am constanly flat ironing it and relaxing. Well today I am natural and its really hard because I dont know how to style my hair except for a pony or a bun. I am on the verge of relaxing the top and edges to weave it up but not sure if thats what I want to do.

oh wow!! sorry for the novel. Just need opinions on should I relax the way I mentioned or keep it the way it is..

also, what hair type does it look like I have?
I feel like I have 4z, lol.

I sewed a little of a puff pony to add fullness ... my nape is so short because I use to relax it for the weaves and it was always brittle and breaking so I shaved it 3 months ago and its growing back..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
IMO if your hair is already weak and stressed a relaxer would lead to breakage and thin your edges, as would a weave

ETA pretty hair though

Last edited:
wow, you have a lot of hair! can you just wear your own hair out for awhile and baby your edges. or continue to use the net and get a full sew-in and baby your edges underneath?

honestly you look like you have the ability to have a healthy head of long hair---just needs some tlc and consistency...you can see that your hair is thick and growing.....

moisture...some good dc...maybe some protein in there as well...would help

if you do get a weave--make sure you take care of your hair underneath...and i would get a weave texture that matches your hair...

Back