to perm or not to perm....and wear a wig! LONG

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
Well, unfortunately, reality has set in. I am going to study abroad for nine months and I have to buy the following items between now and departure: laptop, digital camera, plane ticket, walking shoes, good winter boots. I am working, but I really want extensions. I thought about maybe getting braids but changed my mind. I want the expensive, realistic style I had last fall (ProStyles method with ProHair monofibre extensions). LOVED it and it was great for four months! It costs over 300 bucks. I HAVE to wach how I spend my money though so that I have a little something left over for when I leave the states.

I am saddened, but thats how it goes...I just cannot afford what I want right now. I will hopefully get them next year though!!!! In the meantime, my mother bought me a nice wig....though not as nice as my realistic looking extensions would have been!!!!

Anyway, do you guys think it would be a good idea to just wear wigs the whole summer and NOT get a perm (at least not til I go overseas) or would that mess up my hair to not perm it for four months?? Right now, my hair is kinda nappy, but not super duper nappy. My mom did two braids and I tied it down and wiill wear it like that when I put the wig on tomorrow for work. Will still be using Surge all summer and try to stick to the little regimen I gave myself and get some more vitamins and maybe some carrot juice too!!! I really want my hair to grow, and be healthy too...sorry this so long!!!

Lucky you! Sounds like a life experience you won't regret.

I think that if you regularly wash and condition your hair and keep it braided under the wig (wear a stocking cap or something for the friction a wig would create against your own hair), you should be okay.

If you do not feel like foolin with your hair, you should wear a wig. If you dont want to wear a wig, avoid combing your hair if it is nappy because it can cause breakage. Also moisturize and condition a lot.
wink.gif

Well, wore the wig at work today and people though tit was my real hair...as if they forgot that yesterday my hair was in a regular ponytale and was a tad more golden than this wig! I like it...it looks nice, but I want them extensions like you would not believe. I just wrote the syliste to tell her that I wont be getting them afterall....maybe next year. I guess I will just stick to my Surge regiment all summer and see what happens without any extensions.

Say, how do you do a scalp massage? All I do is rub my head in a circular motion whenever I put Surge and oil on it....do that with my fingers...am I doing it wrong?

Back