To Late Now, I cut off my hair.

Chyli

I am in shock, Numb and somewhat bewildered. Before joining this group, my hair was on my shoulders.
Depending on someone else to get to a stylist left me powerless to get out .She watched as hair began to fall out with hateful glee.
Caring for my hair is a challenge taking medication everyday is damaging. All the work put in to keeping hair on my head, forget growing it. Amazes me how hateful women can be to each other.
I began to clipping bit by bit,looking for new growth(4a?),had about 3 inches of new growth at the time(I think).
I now have about 5 & 6 inches of natural hair on the sides 6 & 7 inches on the top.can, t see the back to get a measurement.
While cutting of leftover stringy relaxed hair,I started sobbing. My hair was more important to me than I realized. It was something I could control on my body to some existent.
Summer is here in NY for this week anyway, it will be hot & humid. Feminine Dew (sweating) is the state my hair will be in until fall. I wore my hair in a ponytail for the most part & relaxed. Now my hair just shrinks to my head
What in the world am I going to do? I hate the way my face looks w/ short hair.
There is a lesson to be learned from this. I have not a clue as to what it is.
I feel like taking to my bed for the rest of the summer.

Going to see the doctor this week, will need to stay civil when the comments& questions “what did you do to your hair?”. You can imagine the rest. Feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about it, dealing with the looks I get from illness is more than enough to handle.I might as well wear a pink mowhawk.

[ QUOTE ]
I am in shock, Numb and somewhat bewildered. Before joining this group, my hair was on my shoulders.
Depending on someone else to get to a stylist left me powerless to get out .She watched as hair began to fall out with hateful glee.
Caring for my hair is a challenge taking medication everyday is damaging. All the work put in to keeping hair on my head, forget growing it. Amazes me how hateful women can be to each other.
I began to clipping bit by bit,looking for new growth(4a?),had about 3 inches of new growth at the time(I think).
I now have about 5 & 6 inches of natural hair on the sides 6 & 7 inches on the top.can, t see the back to get a measurement.
While cutting of leftover stringy relaxed hair,I started sobbing. My hair was more important to me than I realized. It was something I could control on my body to some existent.
Summer is here in NY for this week anyway, it will be hot & humid. Feminine Dew (sweating) is the state my hair will be in until fall. I wore my hair in a ponytail for the most part & relaxed. Now my hair just shrinks to my head
What in the world am I going to do? I hate the way my face looks w/ short hair.
I feel like taking to my bed for the rest of the summer.

Going to see the doctor this week, will need to stay civil when the comments& questions “what did you do to your hair?”. You can imagine the rest. Feeling sick to my stomach just thinking about it, dealing with the looks I get from illness is more than enough to handle.I might as well wear a pink mowhawk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, being that it was humid and rainy in new york, i had a partial weave sewn in and used hair clips in the front.

My suggestion to you, maybe you could give the clip-in's a chance or just start your road to recovery. I wish you luck.

I agree with AmilLion...start fresh and grow that hair back. By the end of the summer you could accumulate 3 more inches if you stay away from direct heat. Maybe you could get some twists or braids(not tight), or cornrows with a drawstring ponytail to help you along till you feel comfortable with the length. I don't feel I look good with my hair unless it is really short(pixie) or below chin length. Anything in between makes my face look fat. Girl don't take to your bed. Get up and do something about it. The only way now is up(or grow)...

wow that jus goes to show how spiteful some women are even tho u havin short hair or long hair does not affect her in any way
smirk.gif
lik all the ladies said chyli, keep yo head up, never give up and show that woman that she may have abused yo hair but she wont abuse u emotionally....

i agree with the advice already given here, moisturse yo hair till u gain all that length

happy hair growin girl and dont let that spiteful woman get at u coz that way she'll have won twice
smile.gif

Try not to look at the big picture; that can be overwhelming. Just take one day at a time, and keep following all the tips you've picked up around here. There are plenty of hairstyles you could try, such as braids or straight extentions, or maybe you could try a rinse in some sassy color to brighten up your day.
think.gif
Just think, by the end of this year, your hair could be 4-5 inches longer; there are 6 months left in this year. Isn't that worth getting out of bed for?

Sorry to hear about your little setback. Kick your "friend" in the shins for me.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lesson #1--Don't go near a pair of scissors when you are upset about your hair!
nono.gif
I would have shaved my head last year if I had a pair of clippers around here.

I agree w/ Sassygirl. I just took to the scissors about a week ago after I got frustatrated(sp)? w/ my hair. We can be our on worst critics sometimes, but keep your head up. Moping aroung will just make you feel worst. If, you can't stand to look at your hair for a while, I agree but some braids in. That's what I'm about to do this weekend, cause I'm frustrated too
smirk.gif

Thanks Ladies,

I was on a rant,I can see the lessons after reading you responses.I will not take to my bed,the options were to far for me to see at the time.
For all who could not understand my post,that,s ok it will not be the last.I was really upset at the time.
I have Multiple Sclerosis my brain is a bit damaged.I lose thought and a host of other stuff.

It is what is today,hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips & support,I needed it.
CHYLI

Yeah Girl, keep your head up!!! Just think of it as a fresh new start. Like someone's footnote on this board said. "When life throws you lemons make lemonade!!!"

Back