To go or not to go?

I hear what you are saying but for me if a guy I have not started dating yet pulls this mess what really does he have to explain? What he did and how he treated her is not the way to establish anything solid. I guess if it makes you feel better you can allow for an expansion but I wouldn't move forward beyond that. Realistically though his explanation would be bs. He effed up his one chance to make a good impression which shows he's just not into her so why bother wasting time?

:yep:

Besides actions speak louder than words. A man will make time for what he wants. It he had drama, he should have respected her and her time enough to contact her immediatley to cancel.

I used to think like that too and it NEVER worked out well. IF a man is into you like that, he'll be sure to confirm any plans WAY ahead of time. Also, his text was extremely vague; if he really had something going on, he would've been a little more specific and made a date to reschedule, not just say another time. It's BS and what good would an explanation do? He already said it was a bad day, he didn't say anything prior to that, at least not that the OP mentioned, so it's a moot point as to whatever the supposed drama is. It's just BS, that's all.
maybe he didnt feel comfortable telling her his drama.

:yep:

Besides actions speak louder than words. A man will make time for what he wants. It he had drama, he should have respected her and her time enough to contact her immediatley to cancel.
Maybe he thought that he could handle it and it wouldn't interfere but as soon as he realized it would take longer than expected he contacted her

maybe he didnt feel comfortable telling her his drama.

Maybe he thought that he could handle it and it wouldn't interfere but as soon as he realized it would take longer than expected he contacted her

And maybe he's blowing her off.

If he had actually planned on going out with her, she wouldn't have had to text him the day before to find out the time, he would've responded right away when she texted him, he wouldn't have waited until the day of to cancel, and he would've apologized for cancelling the day they were supposed to go out.

It's not a secret that saying "drama" sounds like complete B.S.. If something actually did happen, he would've given some details so that it wouldn't sound like such an obvious blow off.

Last edited:
Even if there was a slight chance that some "drama" occurred, he should have respected my time enough to give sufficient notice.

As other posters have said, a man who wants to be with you will do whatever it takes to make that happen. I've made a mental note of his actions and will not give him any of my time in the future...not even long enough to chat.I'm not mad at him, but I will adjust my behavior.

I had a date on Sunday with someone else and thoroughly enjoyed myself. As they say, men are like buses...

Last edited:
Back