To call or not to call....initiating contact

Ivonnovi

I'm a little bored and in a "dry" spell.

There's an attractive guy 2 doors down from my room. I'm temporarily in a hotel, and will be moving to an apartment tomorrow.

Again, he's attractive, we've spoken but I'm so "timid" right not till I now I project the "please don't bother me vibe".

We just crossed paths at the elevator again, and I'm like "wow" he actually has caught my eye. Chances are he's here for a few days and will be leaving soon.

I'd like to know more about him, should I speak? Call? or just let it go?

Since ya'll are so good at giving advice (good and bad) I thought I'd share my "random" thought/delima with you for input and advice.

I'm not one for initiating. If someone catches my eye and I throw a hint such as smile, lots of eye contact, etc. and they don't bite, then I don't go any further. That said..you never know what will happen so I don't think you have anything to do lose.

I know you've probably already left the hotel. Did you call? I know I would have. Life is too short, and you don't wanna regret something as small as not calling. What's the worst that could happen? And you wouldn't have to worry about any woulda coulda shoulda's.

If I were the initiating type, I would initiate small talk while in the hall....Calling seems kinda stalkerish.

If I were the initiating type, I would initiate small talk while in the hall....Calling seems kinda stalkerish.
C/S this. I'm not one to initiate contact the first time either..but even if I was, I wouldn't call his room without permission first. But hey, it all depends on what you want out of the whole thing. Just remember, when a guy doesn't initiate contact or suggest exchanging numbers, there is usually a reason for it (he's not interested/married/has a gf/gay/other)

Thank you to you all!

No I did not contact him. ......only because I wasn't sure what room he was in LOL. I stalked/walked down the hall to get the exact room # and couldn't quite remember exactly how far down he was. So there goes it.

I did see him the next morning as I was coming in from an early morning run. He was exiting out to the back parking area.

I don't exactly feel bad. It was fun to "flirt" with the idea of flirting. Hell, I've not even has the flirting desire in quite some time.:grin:

Back