To All who Keep it Simple... What's your regimen??

Wash Day (1x a week)
Prepoo (this is rare)
Shampoo (Creme of Nature)
Deep condition (Curl Junkie)
Apply Leave-In (Curl Jukie)
Apply EcoStyler gel

Every Other Day in the Week
Mist my hair w/water daily
Apply a little gel as refresher when needed

If my hair seems dry, I conditioner wash and re-apply leave-in and gel

Pre-poo overnight with Ojon restorative rx or Hot six oil
Wash the next day with sulfate -free shampoo; I like Giovanni Direct
DC -usually with protein conditioner as my fine hair loves protein. I like Aphoghee 2 minute. I use it for 2-5 minutes. alternative is Joico Kpak reconstructor- I often have to follow this one up with a moisturizing DC- Sile elements mega silk is very good.
Apply my moisturizer/leave-in (Sof'n'free moisturizer and curl activator) on damp hair and air dry. I may spritz every so often with taliaah Wajid bodifier mist. I bun most days.
I re-apply sof'n'free every day as my hair gets dry. Repeat entire process every week. Ideally every 2 weeks but I work out.

BTW - My hair is 4a, natural, shoulder length

My fall/winter regimen is much more simple. Once I week I do the following:

Coconut Oil overnight on dry hair
Shampoo
Condition with steamer
Leave in conditioner on wet hair
Using shea and mango butters I flat twist my hair.
Put a wig on Mon-Fri. during the day and my scarf at night.
Wear a twist out Sat.
Repeat until springtime.

-Mist daily with water/diluted conditioner or Oyin Frank Juice
-Shampoo and deep condition once a week
-Twists or puff

I'd like to think my regimen is simple, this is what I do 1x per week:

DC on dry hair with heat
Shampoo
Apply Instant conditioner and detangle
Rinse
Apply leave-ins
Style (rollerset, braidout or bun)

Since I am in the gym 6 days a week I try my best to wash my hair every Sunday in which I section my hair in 4 "big" braids, pre-shampoo with a mixture of conditioners mixed with oils, essential oil and honey and let that sit in my hair for about an hour. Then I wash, deep condition (sometimes with steam for 20-30 minutes minimum), detangle, moisturize, seal, and put my hair in a bun (to air dry and as a style) for the rest of the week.

i just had a baby so not much hair time, i wash deep condition and flat iron every 4weeks :ohwell:, its not too bad, i'm still retaining. i dont do any tocu ups in between

I feel my regimen is pretty simple.

Shampoo 2x a week(Tresemme Naturals or Suave Tropical Coconut)
Cowash every day (detangle with VO5 clarifying condish or the pomegranate one, follow up with Suave Tropical Coconut+EVOO)
Sweet Almond Oil and CHI keratin mist as leave-in

And depending on what I'm doing, I'll apply some gel for a wash and go or put it up in a bun. I'm not that consistent with deep conditioning like I used to be, unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Weekly:
DC on Dry Hair, Wash
Apply Leave-In and Heat Protectant, Blowdry and Flat Iron

Daily:
Moisturize and Seal

Enjoying a Simple Reggie Right Now :yep:

warmer months: daily cowash with TJ nourish spa and bun
cooler months: shampoo with shea moisture coconut shampoo, condition with suave tropical coconut, and bun twice a week

I'm keeping it very simple for winter:

Weekly:
Co-wash
DC for 30-45 min
Put in 4 pigtails, dry under hood dryer on low
Bun

Daily:
Moisturize and Seal

Right now:

Detangle
BSW or Mud Wash
Shake excess
Heavy seal with pomade while wet
Let dry then 2ST all over
untwist each day/retwist @ night
Day 2 I apply AHTB

I am also in a self-challenge:
'Use What I Have 'Til It's Gone'
&
'No Purchases 'Til Feb 2012'.

Last edited:
Once every one to two weeks
-shampoo with aussie moist 2 n 1
-dc with aussie moist 3 min miracle/ors replenishing mixed with molasses, honey, coconut oil
-moisturize with jane carter leave in conditioner, flaxseed gel and seal with coconut oil and sometimes shea butter

wash when its dirty
replace moisture when its dry
retighten roots every 10 weeks or so....

tis all...

daily: water, moisture and 5 braids
weekly: cowash and finger detangle, or clay on the scalp and deep conditioner on the length (I alternate)
aloe juice and castor oil everywhere

Last edited:
I co-wash once a week.
Deep condition overnight, once a week.
Moisturize and seal ends (castor oil or grease) as needed.
Baggy at night.
Bun everyday.

Every other week
Pre-poo
Shampoo hair
Deep condition overnight or steamer
Moisturize and seal ends (castor oil or grease) as needed.
Baggy at night.
Bun everyday.

I either shampoo or co-wash every week.

I

Currently I:

Shampoo 2x a week
Condition at least 2x a week
Detangle twice a week (if my hair is not in a stretched form, I can not go longer then 7 days without detangling)

In between wash days I rinse with water, apply either LustraSilk Cholesterol, Giovanni Direct Leave in (which I am looking to replace) or Garnier Fructis Curl Cream/Gel.

I also dust/trim once a month.

My regimen is pretty simple right now:

- Moisturize in the morning
- Baggy at night
- Cowash when I feel like it.

I'm doing the curly girl routine, so no shampoo is needed. :)

This sounds very similar to what I do...except I don't baggy at night, I just put my silk scarf on and bonnet...

Oh, and I wash with WEN (when I feel like it)
I DC every couple of washes as well.

Once a week shampoo, deep condition with lustrasilk or Aussie moist conditioner
Use a leave in (depends on what im doing)
Blow dry/flat iron or air dry using bantu knots
Leave it alone, may redo my bantu knot out mid week with a conditioner in a spirtzs with water

No moisturizing, pre poo, no natural treatments, no co washing. Yes boring I know. Laziness and limited styling option is the culprit.

Whoa! ImFree27, Uncanny. This seems a lot like my new routine except I wash once every 2 weeks now. It is so incredibly easy and is perfect for my new somewhat busy lifestyle. Even now, I am terribly sleepy and tired, but I want to put some effort into checking in as much as I can.

Aggie yeah I was washing every 2 weeks too until I started working out more and started sweating a lot, so I had to switch things up. but I love my simple regimen.

Regimen: Pre-poo with an oil. Wash and deep condition under steamer once a week or every two weeks, depending on style. Alternate using shampoo and conditioner washing; alternate protein conditioner and moisturizing conditioner. Air dry and style. Moisturize and seal as needed during the week. Massage scalp with sulfur oil or pomade 3x a week. Trim every 3-4 months using the lunar cycle.

Wash once or twice a month with diluted Castile soap.

Deep condition with Aubrey Organics HSR mixed with whatever I have lying around my kitchen (eggs,yogurt,aloe vera juice,etc.)

Sometimes I use heat, other times I don't. Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide if so.

Wrap at night. Wear down during the day.

Don't moisturize and seal daily. May throw a dab of cocounut oil on ends if they feel dry.

That's pretty much it...

Once a week:
Pre-poo for at least one hour with any oil
Wash
Apply DC for 10-15 minutes
Apply leave-ins
wet wrap or airdry in a ponytail

Ignore hair till the next week - if I have to style I use bendy rollers for a few mins

wash whenever i feel like it (no more than 3 weeks apart)

thoroughly detangle w/ the conditioner in sections after shampooing.

twist each section, wring out excess water, apply leave in, and tie a t-shirt over my twist to dry a little

take the twists out (still damp), apply mango butter, and plait my hair up. these days, i do two big plaits. in the morning, i take the plaits out and spray my hair w/ water so it shrinks up a little.

at night, i put the plaits back in.

i've never pre pooed, and i DC very rarely.

Wash and dc, maybe blow-dry and flatiron about every 3 weeks. Moisturize and seal mostly everyday. Finger detangle 2 or 3 times a week. Mostly only use comb on wash day.

Back