To All who Keep it Simple... What's your regimen??

I am natural but I wash 2x a week (only deep condition 1x a week) then rollerset and flat iron on the lowest setting to prevent frizz. I spray on oil sheen every night then wrap. I don't moisturize and seal because it did nothing for me. I don't get many split ends honestly. I get professional trims every 4 to 6 months.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

I believe mine is simple:

I co-wash/comb/style 1x a week (Tues or Wed)
Detangle/shampoo/deep condition/style 1x a week (Fri or Sat)

Daily: I usually do wash n go's on my wash days and let it fully dry...so i simply wet my hair every morning...add in a little more product if needed...restyle and go:yep:

Another K.I.S.S. here! My routine is usually weekly or bi-weekly. I'm into low-manipulation and protective styling 24/7. Pretty much the only time that I really mess with my hair is on wash day.

Pre-wash day
Undue the hairstyle of the week and lightly detangle if needed.
Overnight pretreatment with coconut oil.

Wash Day
Wash with sulfate-free shampoo, condition or deep condition, and detangle with wide-tooth comb or modified denman.
Moisturize with a cream or butter and seal with coconut/rice bran oil mix then braid. Allow to air dry.
Grease scalp with QB Amla pomade when needed (usually in the winter months.)

In-between Wash Days
Keep hair moisturized with a spritz of water and seal with an oil or butter every few days or whenever it is feels dry.
Grease scalp if needed.

Other
Trim hair when ends become excessively knotted, tangle easily even when moisturized, or split. (About every 5 months.)
I keep my hair in individual braids or cornrows and love wearing wigs or phony ponies to protect my ends. I wear braid-outs every now and then.

Wear braids with extensions as my protective style. Deep condition once every two weeks and spray with glycerine castor oil Shea moisture and water concoction as needed throughout the week.

Old braids get taken down and hair gets combed out with a cheapie conditioner.

Rinse hair and spray in leave in. Plait up to get ready for next braiding session.

I cowash every week and shampoo once a month
dc every wash
detangle while I have con in my hair
moisturize and seal
2 french braids
wear wig

(moisture and seal if my hair feels dry) before next wash.

M-F - co-wash; moisturize
Sat - diluted poo and DC; moisturize
Sun - moisturize

once a month - clarify and do protein treatment

every other month - Oil rinse

My regimen is pretty simple right now:

- Moisturize in the morning
- Baggy at night
- Cowash when I feel like it.

I'm doing the curly girl routine, so no shampoo is needed. :)

tiffers How do you wear your hair in the day time? I have a similar routine as you except I moisturize at night right before bed: add moisturizer, put on a shower cap, then tie my hair for the night. In the morning, I just smooth my hair out with my fingers and pull it back. I usually co-wash once a week or if I need to wear my hair down.

Weekly I:

prepoo
deep condition
set hair(rollers,braids,twists etc)
style

i will add some serum or pomade to my hair if it feels dry during the week

i sleep in a bonnet and usually fluff and go

Every Friday

All while in braids to the back:
1. Wash with soap bar
2. Deep Condition AO GPB/2min ApHogee Mix 30min
3. Overnight Conditioner- AO/Honey/Glycerin Mix
4. Air Dry
5. Rebraid with Qhemet Biologic Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (this stuff last the whole week)
6. Seal with Oils
7. Wear wigs all week and scarf at night

I love simple, not alot of heat or stress on hair. Still battling shedding/breakage from flat ironing hair heat damage 2 months ago. But hair is actually healthier than it was a year ago when I had no routine/ regime. Slowly trimming damage off.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

tiffers How do you wear your hair in the day time? I have a similar routine as you except I moisturize at night right before bed: add moisturizer, put on a shower cap, then tie my hair for the night. In the morning, I just smooth my hair out with my fingers and pull it back. I usually co-wash once a week or if I need to wear my hair down.

Oooh, cool! Regimen twins! :grouphug:

I just leave my hair alone and let it do its thing. It's short, so there's not much I can do with it. :lol: Sometimes, if I wanna be fancy, I'll put on a headband or twist the front. :giggle:

I THINK my reggie is pretty simple.

Cowash 2x a week
Shampoo and DC 1x a week
Aphogee 2min 1x every 4-6 weeks
M&S Daily
PS 99% of the time

Co-wash everyday
Put on Leave-in
Put on sometime of oil usually castor, coconut or shea butter
Shake and go
Only use poo when I think I have build-up which is rare since I use organic products.

And when its cold outside I keep my hair braided under a halfwig and redo them every two weeks. I usually co-wash the braids once or twice before I redo them.

1x a week prepoo with oil
Wash with shampoo
Deep condition with heat 30 minutes
Detangle under shower
Apply moisturizer, seal and braid
Protective style with wig in winter or wet bun in summer.

Wash with a sulphate free shampoo every 10 days or so.
Soak and condition hair every other day. I wear wash and gos 90% of the time.
DC two times a week.
Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment every 4-6 weeks.
I trim my hair whenever the ends start looking thin or frayed.
And thats it!

I definitely keep it product simple, that's for sure. I have two products: Any clear shampoo I happen to pick up and AO HSR conditioner.

Here's the regimen:

Finger detangle dry hair after taking out braids (no extentions)
Shampoo hair in 4-6 sections
Deep Condition with AO HSR for 3 hours (using body heat method)
Put hair in 30 braids, then keep braids french braided with tucked ends
Moisturize nightly with spritz made of water and AO HSR

Repeat this process monthly. That's it.

1x per week:
Shampoo (sulfate free), deep condition, leave-in conditioner, finger detangle & twist (usually 16), air dry, twist out and seal with unrefined shea butter.
Every night put in 4 big twists, wrap, and go to bed. In the morning, shake out twists and go. Add more shea butter or splash with water as needed through out the week.

Weekly
Wash
DC
Moisturize
Braid hair in 8 cornrows
wig cap on
put wig on
and bounce

Whoa! ImFree27, Uncanny. This seems a lot like my new routine except I wash once every 2 weeks now. It is so incredibly easy and is perfect for my new somewhat busy lifestyle. Even now, I am terribly sleepy and tired, but I want to put some effort into checking in as much as I can.

I'm just lazy lately.

Shampoo and condition, airdry, & bun or braidout 1x a week. If I want straight hair, I go to the salon once a month (rollerset & blowdry) and make that last for 2-3 weeks. I rarely DC anymore. Self-trim when I need it.

I guess it depends on your definition of "simple". :D

*Cowash 1-2 times a week
*Shampoo every other week
*DC once a week
*Stretch via large twists (usually 6-8) - moisturize and seal
*PS during the day
*Moisturize daily; seal every other day; seal ends nightly

My hair does NEED treatments given that its porous with medium strands.

*Henna either every other week or once a month
*Protein as needed
*Black tea rinses

That may be a lot for some, but for me, its either this or I should keep my hair short due to breakage, and shedding etc.

Here's mine.

I pretty much live in bunned two stand twists.

Weekly on Friday

I wash and condition in the shower in my twists. Towel dry, apply an oil mix to my wet hair, bun, an scarf over it to dry smooth. I redo my edges if I need to after it dries. Redo next friday. Monthly, I redo my entire head instead of just the edges.

I'm thinking of doing it every two weeks instead of weekly. Hair loves to be left alone.

Cowash once a week
DC once a week
Moisturize and seal at least once a day or once every two days, if needed.
Shampoo once a month
Henna once every two months
Protective styles: buns and twists

Ever 3 weeks(this is when I'm not like current, which is in a weaved protective style...because the weave upkeep is even simpler)...

1) Mix conditioner and oil and slather on my hair and sleep with it that way tied up soaking until i wash the next day.

2) co wash it out, and every other time use shampoo on scalp)

3 ) Leave moisturizing conditioner in and add burdock qhemet creme and oil and style (if flat ironing then add only a little of the above and then heat protection, cross wrap and it stays moist for a week and a half before adding more creme and oil as needed primairly to the roots, if in braids, braid spray)

4) In between these if my hair is straight I dry shampoo, if my hair is in braids I rinse the braids with diluted shampoo only when necessary.

It's got me to waist (and beyond lol as I'm now on to my next goal but I don't know exactly where as I'm in protective style via weave).

Oh and this is only an every 3 week process.

Last edited:
Okay, I did not think mine was simple but I guess it is.

This has been my once per week routine for a few months.

prepoo
detangle
shampoo
deep condition (usually under steamer)
apply leave-in (kitchen mix)
braid & roller set
air dry overnight (hood dryer if in a rush)

I mostly wear my hair loose and rebraid/set if needed. Repeat weekly.

Ooooo Weee Simplicity! I love seeing all the variotions of KISS because it truly is subjective and dependant on your own hair's needs. Currently I

1. wash with rhassoul and ayurvedic powders as needed. Sometimes up to 3X/week. depends on what my scalp is going through that particular week!
2. Co-wash when my hair just needs a moisture boost and not a wash
3. DAILY scalp treatment: massage with e/o blend
4. Moisturize & seal as needed. 1-2x/day

I'm curently in the Twist for growth challenge so I twist my hair every 5-7 days.

Back