To all who air dry their hair...

sunny

To anyone using the ponytail method to air dry: can u please tell me what products and technique you use to get the straightest, shiniest end result when your hair dries. Do you put a scarf over your hair as it dries? what do u do with the end of the ponytail? roll it ,tuck it, etc. ? does anyone just comb their hair back and put a scarf on until the hair dries? sorry for all the questions
smirk.gif

Sunny,

I use lots of leave-in conditioner and wide-tooth comb to put my hair in a ponytail. Then, I use gel mixed with pomade (more gel than pomade) and smooth over my hair with my hands. I use a fine tooth comb to smooth it once more. On the ponytail, I apply a little carrot oil and twist it one time to get it to dry. I put my scarf on over that. I've found this works really well.

Peachtree,

The combination I've been using as of this weekend (ha!) has been fantasia frizzbuster straightening gel and motions shine enhancing pomade.

I used to use the aura pomade but I found that it was just way too greasy and I got sick of the smell really quickly. I've had the fantasia for a while and I've found that it doesn't build-up or make my hair dry or crunchy. It stays nice and soft. I love this.

I'm sticking with this combination for now!

I mix a little evoo with my conditioner, leave on, then rinse. I smooth my hair back gently with a fine tooth comb. I stress gently. Then I use a satin scrunchie to hold the ponytail. I then take a little evoo and smooth on my ends. I divide it into three small sections, use a curl paper and roll each section with a magnetic roller. I roll upwards as I like a little flip. I tie it down with a silk scarf and let it dry. Now for the scrunchie part, which will be a little damp, I mist with a conditioner/distilled water mix, and re roll about five sections with a LARGE mesh rollers and let it air dry. I like to use evoo or almond oil on my hair because it is a little heavier. I will try jojoba oil next time!!

My hair seems to take forever to dry, so I tend to style on the day after I wash. I let it airdry in the ponytail until it's only damp. I part my hair in two or three sections and do braids or twists till I reach the last 2 inches. I roll those with a roller. If I have to leave the house before it finishes drying, I'll put the hair up in a bun but I have to take it back down or it will NEVER dry!

I also use a scrunchie to hold the ponytail (cotton..should probably switch to satin)...mmm better head over to tenderheaded.com!

Thanks HairLove
cool.gif

I have Motions pomade. It's just sitting in my cabinet... I'll give it another try
smile.gif

Fantasia frizz buster I've never used, however, I absolutely love
love.gif
their IC Tea Tree Conditioner. (It's a God send for relieving an itchy scalp). I'll give it a try!!

[ QUOTE ]
My hair seems to take forever to dry, so I tend to style on the day after I wash. I let it airdry in the ponytail until it's only damp. I part my hair in two or three sections and do braids or twists till I reach the last 2 inches. I roll those with a roller. If I have to leave the house before it finishes drying, I'll put the hair up in a bun but I have to take it back down or it will NEVER dry!

I also use a scrunchie to hold the ponytail (cotton..should probably switch to satin)...mmm better head over to tenderheaded.com!

[/ QUOTE ]
I've also been styling mine the day after I air dry. Works out for me because I shampoo after aerobics class(3 days a week)...then the next evening after work do my setting(or flatironing) for the next day.

Back