Tjick hair question

I need help finding an everyday style for my thick hair. Before children I could wear my hair wrap, it would have a little bend to it without me having to roll it. Now it is so thick the only wat that I can wear a wrap is to first do a roller wrap. Can you ladies please give me some suggestions on taming this thick hair.

I do a braid out every night, then sometimes I put it up in a bun or wear down with a clip or something....I've seen some ladies wearing a braidout updo, it's really pretty.

You could also try setting you hair with pin curls after your rollerset. It will help you maintain your curls and bounce for a lot longer than a wrap will. I also use steam rollers once in a while to give me a little extra bounce when I need it. If you go that route make sure you don't let the roller get too moist.

Good Luck:)

Thank you for the replies, I have tried the braid out, but once I go to bed the cute ringlets look a hot mess the next morning. How can I get the braid out to look fresh everyday. Sorry that it is taking me so long to reply, but my computer is not working so I don't have easy access when it comes to computers.

i spray my hair with a little elasta qp's H20 and a lil of some sort of oil or shea butter, brush in a bit with a soft boar bristle brush (especially the ends) and lightly rebraid.

i can do this for about 3-5 days.

alwayzblessed said:
Thank you for the replies, I have tried the braid out, but once I go to bed the cute ringlets look a hot mess the next morning. How can I get the braid out to look fresh everyday. Sorry that it is taking me so long to reply, but my computer is not working so I don't have easy access when it comes to computers.

I just rebraid my hair everynight before I go to bed. In 4 big cornrows and I add moisturizer to my hair before I braid.

Back