Tired of my hair! Need words of Wisdom!

LadyCee

Hey ladies

So I got a relaxer about two weeks ago(from a 5month strech) and lately I havent been feeling the way my hair looks or feels.:nono: Im starting to think that the relaxer maybe isnt for me? i do dread those days of countless hours of detangling and washing my natural hair but the more I see how my relaxed hair looks and feels I think I want to transition :blush:or maybe even consider a texturizer.

So my question for you is can you go from relaxed hair to applying or texturizer? Or do you have to use a relaxer and minimize the time(texlaxer)?

Also, for you ladies that decided to go back to natural from relaxed hair how did you do it without having to do the BC?? I dont think I am no where near ready to let my hair go. I love it and all. so please ladies do me a favor and help a sista out. Thnx a bunch.:yep:

Hey ladies

So I got a relaxer about two weeks ago(from a 5month strech) and lately I havent been feeling the way my hair looks or feels.:nono: Im starting to think that the relaxer maybe isnt for me? i do dread those days of countless hours of detangling and washing my natural hair but the more I see how my relaxed hair looks and feels I think I want to transition :blush:or maybe even consider a texturizer.

So my question for you is can you go from relaxed hair to applying or texturizer? Or do you have to use a relaxer and minimize the time(texlaxer)?

Also, for you ladies that decided to go back to natural from relaxed hair how did you do it without having to do the BC?? I dont think I am no where near ready to let my hair go. I love it and all. so please ladies do me a favor and help a sista out. Thnx a bunch.:yep:
I DONT HAVE LONG HAIR SO I GUESS THATS WHY I DIDNT BC:blush:BUT I USE BRAIDS AND WIGS AND GOOD OLD WILD GROWTH OIL FOR THE NEW GROWTH AND NOW I WEAR MY OWN HAIR BRAID ITS CURLY ON IT OWN AT THE END:yep:I STILL HAVE SOME PREM ON SOME OF IT. LACIO LACIO HELP A LOT AND AFRO DETANGLER.DEEP CON EVERY WEEK. AND PROTEIN WHEN I NEED IT KEEP MOISTURIZER DAY AND NIGHT.SORRY NEVER HAD A TEXLAXER. OH CANT FORGET MY CPR IT WAS AND IS A LIFE SAVER. GOOD LUCK WITH WHAT EVER YOU DO. NO MORE HAIR CUTS FOR ME:lachen:IT TOOK ME A YEAR WITH OUT THE BC. GUESS THAT WHY PEOPLE DO THEM A LITTLE AT A TIME OR THE BIG BC. TO GET IT OVER WITH:grin: AND I AM TAKEING GOOD CARE OF MY ENDS THANK TO LHCF. MY HAIR IS GROWING GREAT SO SOON I CAN HANG WITH THE BIG GIRLS:yep::yep:LONG AND STRONG.

I think the textures would be different and that might cause breakage. Maybe a lady who has texlaxed can help you. Bump!

When I decided to go natural, I did not bc. Just like you I could not let go of my hair so I chose to wear half wigs.
It's been a long process, but I have been able to keep my hair in about 4-6 braids under the half wig. I did not have to worry about the two textures of my hair during the transition period. I have about 1/2 inch of relaxer left on my nape area now, which I will be cutting soon.

HTH

What sort of styles have you been doing on your freshly relaxed hair? Since you just got it relaxed, perhaps a braid out or rollerset will you give you some added volume. Could that be what you're missing?

Try to reacquaint yourself with your hair in its new state...

i don't think you can go from being relaxed to texturized because a texturizer loosens up curls. Since relaxed hair has no curls to loosen, that won't work... So you will have to either transition again or BC. I think there are quite a few ladies here that have transitioned or in the process now so hopefully they'll chime in. When I went naural, I chopped off my hair down to about an inch so I don't have much insight on transitioning, sorry.

Back