Tips on going natural/transitioning

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
Thanks! I plan to grow out my hair when I start law school. No one except for myself and classmates will see my in-between stages. lol. I miss my natural hair...it was full, long, and beautiful. Cant wait!

So again...thanks for the great tips!!!

This a great thread, bubs......thanks a million....
kiss.gif
kiss.gif
kiss.gif

Great thread Bubblin! Your hair is gorgeous girl! Thanks for the shout out too!
kiss.gif
I really have nothing else to add, you covered it!
wave.gif

This is some great advice. Here's another: while you're transitioning, and after you have a good amount of newgrowth, you can start practicing 2-strand twisting & cornrowing your hair. This is especially if you're a 3c, 4a, or 4b. That way after you cut the relaxer off, you'll already have those styling skills mastered.

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
[ QUOTE ]
NubianAngel said:
Hey isn't she (N4U2LM) on this site under the name "Allaboutthehair"? Her natural avatar caught my eye yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they are different people.

scroll down to the bottom page of this thread. There's a link that says "Favorite Thread! (toggle)" after the moderator names. Click on it.

Hope this helps,
Bobbie

Hey everyone! I recently went to the beauty shop and got my hair flatironed!! I cannot believe how much it has grown in just 1 year and 7 months!! It is thick and full and bouncy. I think I will keep my hair like this once a month. Like I said before,shrinkage can fool ya!!

Awwwwww Man! Why did I go back to a relaxer
nono.gif
I really wish I would have stayed natural. Anyway, I love
love.gif
everyone's natural pics
smile.gif
You all are definately an inspiration
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bobbie said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
Where are the pictures??
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a digicam;therefore, no pictures (of flatironed hair)
cool.gif
until later this year. On the other hand, I recently used up my film and I will be posting those pictures oh in about another month or so. They will be in the album titled 'my hair is too puffalicious for ya babe.' Ya'll ain't ready!!1

To add to this...I would say to find a good leave-in conditioner. My top recommendations are Biolage Leave-In Tonic (diluated with distilled water to last longer) and Suave Professionals Awapuhi ($1.50).

Hey guys.
wave.gif

I have been weaving my mother's hair since February. Well, her hair grew nicely underneath the three times I've done them. So, when I took it out last week, she had a lot of newgrowth. Usually her hair grows and then breaks off. She hasn't had a relaxer since I put that Profectiv perm in it (I can't remember when that was).

Well, her hair is so much healthier. Today, I gave her a dark rinse and clipped off her permed ends that were still left at the top. There may be a little permed parts left in there, but the next trim I give her will definitely rid her of them. I put a old pair of panty hose around her head (the leg part
laugh.gif
) and brushed her hair back with the stocking around her baby puff. She looks so purdy.
weird.gif

Wonderful thread.
clap.gif

My only suggestion would be to not forget about the wonderful, moisturizing butters available out there. Seems like all natural butters have been my saving grace from keeping my hair from looking severely dry within the past few months.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
Wonderful thread.
clap.gif

My only suggestion would be to not forget about the wonderful, moisturizing butters available out there. Seems like all natural butters have been my saving grace from keeping my hair from looking severely dry within the past few months.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to try avocado butter and shealoe butter. Cant wait to order it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
Wonderful thread.
clap.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

smile.gif
GIVE IT UP FOR THE BUTTERS! that is ALL that i use on my hair..other than conditioner and black soap on occassion for a wash these days.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
Wonderful thread.
clap.gif

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Im going to try avocado butter and shealoe butter. Cant wait to order it!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll love 'em.
grin.gif
Maximum effective is straight outta the
bath.gif
or
bath2.gif
on dripping wet hair. I use it when I make my buns or any slicked back style for the summer.
beach.gif

[ QUOTE ]
gabrielle2 said:
OFF TOPIC...but hey deeplyrooted..i am a BAMA STATE GRAD also! class of 96

[/ QUOTE ]

GO HEAD!
bouncy.gif
I'm a
newbie.gif
alumni, but you should be able to see me at the Magic City Classics ... inbetween kickin' tail via the alumni association to get some stuff fixed on that campus.
hammer.gif
wink.gif
You can access my graduation pics by typing in englishdegree (all as one word) for the graduation album.

class of 2004 representin'.
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
deeplyrooted said:
[ QUOTE ]
gabrielle2 said:
OFF TOPIC...but hey deeplyrooted..i am a BAMA STATE GRAD also! class of 96

[/ QUOTE ]

GO HEAD!
bouncy.gif
I'm a
newbie.gif
alumni, but you should be able to see me at the Magic City Classics ... inbetween kickin' tail via the alumni association to get some stuff fixed on that campus.
hammer.gif
wink.gif
You can access my graduation pics by typing in englishdegree (all as one word) for the graduation album.

class of 2004 representin'.
clap.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

See you at the Classic...Class of 97 here!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
Hey guys.
wave.gif

I have been weaving my mother's hair since February. Well, her hair grew nicely underneath the three times I've done them. So, when I took it out last week, she had a lot of newgrowth. Usually her hair grows and then breaks off. She hasn't had a relaxer since I put that Profectiv perm in it (I can't remember when that was).

Well, her hair is so much healthier. Today, I gave her a dark rinse and clipped off her permed ends that were still left at the top. There may be a little permed parts left in there, but the next trim I give her will definitely rid her of them. I put a old pair of panty hose around her head (the leg part
laugh.gif
) and brushed her hair back with the stocking around her baby puff. She looks so purdy.
weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool Beans!!! Go Karonica's Mom! That's great! Before I forget, be careful with those pantyhose headbands...some folks reported breakage after prolonged use. You may want to switch to scarves...I think they're gentler on the hair line.

Back