Tigi Bedhead Control Freak Straightener Serum is Amazing!!

Blessedhairgro

I hate to encourage PJism but this serum is a great help with stretching out your relaxer!! I bought it cause I saw it in someone's photo album and because i was looking for something to help me stretch a little longer. My max has been 14 weeks but I'd like to go to 20. Any way I saw this in the drugstore and it is expensive, it's about 14 or 15 dollars but it's a good sized bottle about 9 ounces. It says on the bottle that it's a Frizz control and straightener serum and I read good reviews from african american women who purchased it on folica.com. I used it on wet hair after my leave in conditioners and let my hair airdry 80% before blowdrying with a comb attachment. I could see that my hair was drying straighter while airdrying then when I blowdried my roots and nappy edges (I'm going on 11 weeks post relaxer) they got much straighter than usual. My hair felt good after blowdrying but this stuff is NOT a moisturizing serum, you will need to add some moisturizer after blowdrying or airdrying your hair. this stuff STRAIGHTENS!! It will cut your flatiron or curling iron time in half. I still can't believe how smooth my roots are, usually I cant get a comb through at this point no matter what I do. Here are the ingredients:

water, polyacrylamidomethylpropane, sulfonic acid, polyquartnium-11, glycerin, propylene glycol, triethanolamine, oleth 20, dimethicone copolyol meadowfoamate, hydroxthylcellulose, dmdm hyndantoin, fragrance, limonene carbomer, kiwi fruit extract, jasmin extract

I love it!! It was worth every penny so if you are trying to stretch and looking for a good serum check this out!:) It has a nice fruity scent too!

Last edited:
Great...can it be used with heat? Does it has a protectant in it? and what kind of leave in conditioner did u use?

Yes DIVINEINSPIRATION, it was in your fotki that I saw this product in:)!! Thank you my sista!! It is a heat protectant, the bottle says it is a buffer against heat styling tools. I use nexxus headress leave in, salerm 21 or giovanni direct, they are all detangling creamy leave ins and I add the serum on top of those. Along with those leave ins I also use a little sunsilk 24/ 7 straighten up leave in (purple bottle) or herbal essence breaks over cream along with the detangling leave ins. All I know is I've used this serum 3 times so far and each time I get the same great results, soft and tangle free hair. I've never used it on dry hair, I think I will restrict it to wet hair use.

I will be swinging by my local Fred Meyer to pick that serum
up this afternoon! Thanks for the information.

Divine Inspiration said:
:yep: I've been raving about this product for some time now. It definitely makes creating straight styles easier.

I remember you raving about this and I put it on my list of products to try and never got around to purchasing it. I am going to try this because the weather getting warmer and I need a good product to help keep my new growth straight.

Do it girl! It's good for both natural & relaxed hair. It made my 3c waves and 4a coils POP and gave mega definition without frizz. When I apply it and blow dry, it takes a LOT less time to finish and less heat to flat iron. LOVE it!

Divine Inspiration said:
Do it girl! It's good for both natural & relaxed hair. It made my 3c waves and 4a coils POP and gave mega definition without frizz. When I apply it and blow dry, it takes a LOT less time to finish and less heat to flat iron. LOVE it!

:grin: I am going to Trade Secret or Ulta to pick this up tomorrow and try it over the weekend. I'll post my results

I tried this product last night when I did my rollerset. I only used it on my edges. My edges dried much straighter than usual. When I took my rollers out I blew out my edges a little with my blowdryer. My edges straightened out in seconds! and there was no residue and my hair was soft. I really like the smell also. I am definitely will try this all over when I blowdry and flatiron my hair. I think its a keeper :grin:

Back