What is the Greatest, Baddest, Serum?!

My hair is loving Biosilk at the moment. I have Chi, PM SuperSkinny, Redken, Pureology, and Moroccan oil on my dressing table, but Biosilk is what I'm reaching for lately. I blow
dry my hair with it and add a bit more when flat ironing my hair.

My hair has swing, and mucho shine. ----LOVING IT.

I LOVE Super Skinny. I haven't tried much else, but i think it's great regardless. i paid about $17 at BSS, but i think walmart has it now for about $10. I got rained on in georgetown and my hair bounced right back stick straight, no frizz- for that i will forever love PM.

I really don't have a favorite. They all seem to serve the same purpose to me and they all work about the same. I have and use Redken Heat Glide, CHI Silk Infusion, Ion Silk Drops, Frizzease, Proclaim Polishing Gloss, Generic CHI SI.

How much does the super skinny run and how are you guys using it....actually i would like to hear from shampoo to flat iron...all your steps if you dont mind sharings (especially if you are natural like myself)

I'm 4ab natural with colour & BKT. I've been flat-ironing once a week using a much modified Ateyaaa Reggie (see youtube) since May.

1. I dilute a mild shampoo (anyone) and pour focusing on my scalp. I rinse letting the diluted shampoo skim the rest of my hair.
  2. I apply Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor for about 30 mins as a DC (usually not under a dryer) before rinse off detangle with a denman/shower comb, then rinse.
  3. On wet hair, Apply Aphogee green tea Spray, sometimes Atone foaming setting lotion, Aphogee Provitamin leave-in and finish up with Chi Silk infusion.
  4. I then put in two bantu knots/ponies to airdry. If in a hurry I blowdry on the cool setting using the pulling method(stretch the hair with your hands section section-helps stretch out natural hair).
  5. When dry, put my hair in four sections and start flatironing with my FHI from the back (I now use 190 C) I also use a straightening brush - search "chase method" as it helps make my ends frizz free esp important for natchals:grin:
  6. When I'm done, I bump with a big barrel tong (I think I've got a Revlon ceramic one).
  7. I upkeep by applying (very very lightly a tiny bit of) giovanni Direct and sealing with (very very little) castor oil rubbed in my palms first.

In England my hair lasts till my next wash, but in humid conditions a day and a half.

HTH

Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss is excellent. Shine for days, and hair is left silky and smooth - I love it!

I know this post is dated, but I have to agree with Paul Mitchell Skinny. The most awesome however is Kerastase Oleo Relax!! OMG I absolutely :heart: it!! Helps increase resistance to humidity, cuts blow dry time in half and smells wonderful. You can only buy in the salons though. It is worth the search! Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I have Super skinny but haven't figured out how I want to use it yet. What is this mainly for, shine? Heat protection? what? Can I use it on dry hair before flat ironing or as a final finisher or should I use it on damp hair BEFORE drying? (sorry for hi-jacking the thread)

I also have this product and im not sure what to do with it...I just apply it as a sealant after moisturizing..and apparenly it cuts down drying time

I really like Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. It's one of the few hair products I used pre LHCF. Since then I've tried Chi, Motions, Proclaim and John Frieda Extra Strength serums. Proclaim is a close second, Chi Silk Infusion seems really overrated, and John Frieda frizz ease was absolutely worthless on my hair

I really like Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. It's one of the few hair products I used pre LHCF. Since then I've tried Chi, Motions, Proclaim and John Frieda Extra Strength serums. Proclaim is a close second, Chi Silk Infusion seems really overrated, and John Frieda frizz ease was absolutely worthless on my hair

What about Motions?

IC heat protecting serum is a favorite of mine, I lilke to apply it when my hair is wet for best results.

But hey! that's just me, I like to air dry my hair before flat-ironing. Gives an awsome shine when paired with a good deep conditioner.

Will Sabino work on the ends? My problem with my hair curly is my ends get dry, hard, bushy and crunchy. I have to constantly wet them down cause they are a mess. My ends are more 3c. I can't keep straightening my hair tho. :(

Kerastase oleo-relax serum or Alfaparf semi di lino (weightless)

edited:I didn't know this was an old thread and now I see I posted twice, good thing I posted the same 2 products! proof that they are great :)

Last edited:
I also have this product and im not sure what to do with it...I just apply it as a sealant after moisturizing..and apparenly it cuts down drying time
On damp hair, apply a dime size (more if your hair is longer than shoulder length) with your favorite leave in conditioner mixed together. Focus on your ends, extremely resistant spots, and then apply toward the new growth. Take both hands and continue to rub thru your hair for about a minute after you get it all off your hands. You want to evenly distribute and this is how you do it. Then you blow dry your hair in a forward direction on the sides (towards your face for more body), then up and out on the remainder. Use a boar bristle brush and you will look like you have a relaxer! Hope this helps!

Back