Three things

pinkchocolatedaisy

What three things (be it a product or technique) have "saved' your hair or improved it or benefited you in your hair journey?

I'll start:

1. Bunning. At first this was a challenge for me but then I realized I have to properly and completely detangle my hair (and for me that meant to not give up washing/dc-ing in sections)....

...which brings me to my next item

2. Using a seamless comb

3. My beloved Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm for DCs.

My hair is softer, I have no knots or tanlges and soo moisturized.

So, what are you three?

1. Wearing a satin cap to bed.
2. Wide tooth comb
3. Leave in Conditioners (believe it or not, before I found y'all about this time a year ago, I had no clue. I was an ultra sheen girl!)

1. Deep conditioning regularly

2. Coconut oil and all its glory

3. Understanding ingredients and their purpose

1. Doing protein treatments. I thought b/c I'm natural I don't need it. Wrong
2. Protective styling- I am able to reatain a lot of length
3. Patience- cuz I know w/o this I would rip through my hair as I was taking down braids, weaves or detangling.

1. DCing regularly
2. Covering my hair NIGHTLY
3. Moisture, moisture, moisture... my hair used to be sooo dry but not anymore!

1. Moisturizing
  2. Not using heat often
  3. Deep conditioning
BONUS.....Using oils.

Bonus Bonus....:giggle: *Taking control of my hair myself and not leaving it all up to the beautician.*

1. Aphogee 2-step (provides me the strength I need for my fine strands)

2. Leave-ins (kinky curly knot today provides moisture to my hair and makes detangling later a breeze)

3. Detangling with a "denman" on dry hair before washing (i am able to detangle on dry hair because the kinky curly really makes my hair easy to detangle dry)

i wouldnt say these things saved my hair but they help my hair.

1: shea butter. there are several other moisturizers that i love but shea butter is the best.

2: kbb hair milk and oyin honey hemp conditioner. its a tie between these two for moisture. i cant live without kbb hair milk or honey hemp conditioner. they both detangle and moisturize my natural hair.

3: protein. im a fine head natural and my hair LOVES protein. protein keeps my hair stron and able to accept moisture properly.

1. Daily cowashing.
2. Dove conditioner for cowashing and moisturizing!!!!
3. And loads of VO5 and a wide tooth comb for detangling.

Last edited:
1. Coconut oil
2. Sticking to the keracare line
3. Protective styling but realizing it's OK if I wanna use the flat iron every once in a while. :)

What three things (be it a product or technique) have "saved' your hair or improved it or benefited you in your hair journey?

I'll start:

1. Bunning. At first this was a challenge for me but then I realized I have to properly and completely detangle my hair (and for me that meant to not give up washing/dc-ing in sections)....

...which brings me to my next item

2. Using a seamless comb

3. My beloved Joico Moisture Recovery treatment balm for DCs.

My hair is softer, I have no knots or tanlges and soo moisturized.

So, what are you three?

PCD, Where did You purchase Your Seemless Comb? TIA

As for Me:

1. Deeeeeeep Conditioning!
2. Lowwww Manipulation!
3. Reading Ingredients!

PCD, Where did You purchase Your Seemless Comb? TIA

As for Me:

1. Deeeeeeep Conditioning!
2. Lowwww Manipulation!
3. Reading Ingredients!

^^^ I got my comb from ebay lol it's the same combs sold here: www.hairsense.com

222.jpg

Hmmm....

1. Learning how to properly detangle my hair (Denman and Seamless combs= God sends)
2. Coconut Oil...Oh how I love thee...
3. Less Heat and When using heat...Better Products (Mizani Thermasmooth...my new BOO!)

1. Ayurveda:lick: Tea rinsing: Shikakai, Amla, Brahmi, Bhringraj, and Fenugreek.
2. Cowashing :Aussie Moist, Suave Humectant or HE LTR.
3. Extra moisture : Cantu Shea or HE LTR leave in, and sealing with Castor oil.

I'm bumping this thread because I think its a goodun

Three things that have helped my hair to thrive -

1. Getting to know grease again - The ends of my hair love grease.
2. Knowing how to wear my wig without it breaking my hair - satin scarves and cutting out the combs.
3. My sulphur growth mix

Back