My hair, my hair...HELP!

pinkchocolatedaisy

No matter how good I am to my hair it just doesn't seem to appreciate all my hard work! My hair has been acting real funny lately. Frizz, busted looking twistouts, jacked up braidouts, & funkdafied wngs. What gives?I was in the winter bun challenge & I washed dc & bun 2x/wk. I hardly gave myself any passes.

I use either Tresemme moisture rich or flawless curls as my leave in & seal w coconut oil or avocado butter. I wash w Alba botanica poo. I dc w Joico Moisture recovery balm. I was using Joico kpak reconstructor for protein weekly but I'm trying to use stuff I can get easily so I'm gonna get Aphogee. I don't get it bc my hair fared really well with bunning. My ends felt soft & my hair was moisturized. No issues detangling. Now, when I cowash my ends feel week & I can feel them snagging & snapping. I only notice this when its wet. When dry my ends feel great. I'm not good at noticing splits but I gave myself a dusting (1/4 in) late February.What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
When's the last time you clarified? Maybe you need a good thorough cleansing, it always helps everything work so much better :yep:

^ Last week I clarified...using a sulfate poo. And that's another thing. I can't use shampoos w SLS or ALS as they are too harsh on my hair but nonsulfates don't clean my scalp well. And I have a hard time trying to get to my scalp lol.

^ Last week I clarified...using a sulfate poo. And that's another thing. I can't use shampoos w SLS or ALS as they are too harsh on my hair but nonsulfates don't clean my scalp well. And I have a hard time trying to get to my scalp lol.

Let the water run through your hair when in the shower for a couple of minutes while scrubbing your scalp then use shampoo. That is what I do to get my scalp clean.

^^^or maybe instead of using a sulfate poo, try adding baking soda to your regular shampoo. I tried this once and my hair was soft as hell! :yep:

Maybe your hair doesn't like one of the oils you're using someone posted recently about how their tresses interacted with the almighty EVCO. Also coconut oil makes the hair do different things depending on the season. just a thought:ohwell:

Back