three questions about yarn twists! please help!

lilsparkle825

ok...so i saw a tutorial i can't stop raving about (thanks Honesty, hope you don't mind me putting you on blast) and I am putting yarn twists in my 13 y/o sister's hair today. she is a natural 4b and they actually look pretty good for my first time ever doing something like this with yarn OR hair (pics will be in my fotki after i finish). so here are the questions:

1 - i am having a hard time with getting the ends of her hair to blend in with the yarn in some places. is there a product, like a gel or something, that i can put on either the hair or the yarn to make it blend a little better without making it crunchy? i currently have some garnier curl gel but it makes my curly 3c hair hard so i'm a little iffy on that.
2 - has anyone who has had these tell me about upkeep? i mean, i have braid spray since she usually wears cornrows but i want to be cautious about making sure her hair and the yarn stay fresh looking for at least 2-3 weeks. can i wash them? if not, do i need dry shampoo? bonnet or scarf at night?
3 - what are some styles we can put them in? google is not helping out right now. i figure we can start with large twists or a high ponytail but i wanna get creative.

thank you ladies so much!

Back