Those who wear weaves during stretches get in here!

Teja

Hey Ladies,

I recently texlaxed my hair when I was in NY and it's almost bsl wich made me very happy:grin:. I am back in germany and there is not a decent hair salon n e where close, I achieved alot of my growth by basically just leaving my hair alone and wearing weaves this was before my healthy hair journey!!!!!
Now that my hair is out I am constantly playing in it trying to do my own rollersets etc.. all this is just to much manipulation so since I am moving back to the caribbean in the summer I have decided to wear a weave for most of the time since it will cause little to no manipulation to my hair!
I am scared though that this will affect my healthy hair journey all though weaves have helped me greatly in the passed I need some input!!!!!
Wearing weaves for several months to retain lenght?? Wise???Unwise??

Guten morgen! Wie geht es dir?

Yes I've worn sew in weaves for a year straight with about a week in between installs to do those important protein treatments.

As you can see in my siggy the growth that I was getting. In November06-December 07 I went from BEL (Barely Existing Length) to a little past EL.

From December 2007-November 2008 I went from EL to SL wearing weaves. I was able to retain ALL my length that I grew.

Weaves are great for retaining length!

Guten morgen! Wie geht es dir?

Yes I've worn sew in weaves for a year straight with about a week in between installs to do those important protein treatments.

As you can see in my siggy the growth that I was getting. In November06-December 07 I went from BEL (Barely Existing Length) to a little past EL.

From December 2007-November 2008 I went from EL to SL wearing weaves. I was able to retain ALL my length that I grew.

Weaves are great for retaining length!

Hallo!!

Mir geht es gut und dir?
Thank's hun for always answering my questions I think I need to put you on my top friends list!!!!:grin:
I will start looking for styles and hair :grin:...Did you have full weaves or did you leave the perimeter out?

Danke

Gut. Danke!

I pretty much wore full weaves because I didn't like to leave any hair out! I recently started experimenting with closures because it leaves a much flatter look. Whenever I wore the partials, I was applying heat to make it blend and that wasn't really good.

Now you're making me want to get one and I'm broke!!! LOL I wish I had your length right about now.

Gut. Danke!

I pretty much wore full weaves because I didn't like to leave any hair out! I recently started experimenting with closures because it leaves a much flatter look. Whenever I wore the partials, I was applying heat to make it blend and that wasn't really good.

Now you're making me want to get one and I'm broke!!! LOL I wish I had your length right about now.

hehe yeah well it's still hard I just want by hair to be waist lenght right now, we always want what we can't!You have made great progress so you will get there soon I know it!

But what the hell I think I will leave the perimeter out I hardly ever used
heat though just wash and set and tie down with a scarf!

hehe yeah well it's still hard I just want by hair to be waist lenght right now, we always want what we can't!You have made great progress so you will get there soon I know it!

But what the hell I think I will leave the perimeter out I hardly ever used
heat though just wash and set and tie down with a scarf!

You should be fine if you leave the perimeter out. I want to see pics when you get it installed. How long do you keep sew in's in your hair?

You should be fine if you leave the perimeter out. I want to see pics when you get it installed. How long do you keep sew in's in your hair?

You can call me crazy but for three months atleast I heard people say you should never leave a weave in that long but it has really helped my hair grow!
I will post pics for sure!

I do and I have been.

I used to leave them in for 3 months before I found LHCF but I had a bad experience and I lost a lot of length because I went to a salon to get it taken out and they didn't have the patience, technique, or proper hair know how to do it.

It felt like my hair was ripping! So I have some sparse ends that need to be cut, but I still get great growth with them in.

I probably will continue to do so for the next year as now 75% of my hair is natural and its just the relaxed ends. In a year's time I will decide if I am going to textlax, relax again or leave natural.

HTH! But I see nothing wrong with it. Just make sure that they don't braid install too tight because that can cause bald spots and all sorts of problems!

I use weaves from time to time. It def helps me retain however when I leave the perimeter out i experienced breakage in the nape prob due to neglect though...

It is really about the stylist who does it. If they are gentle and don't braid tight, a weave will be a great resting style. Go to the wrong stylist and you will be in set back city. For more on weaves go to www.blackhairmedia.com, click on discussion boards and look at the weaves and extensions board.

Back